Support

Open search

Galaxy j3 2017 getting android 9 pie?

I was wondering if the J3 2017 was getting pie. If not its not a problem since its already more up to date than my old phone XD

7 REPLIES 7
Superuser I
Superuser I

I would think until Samsung One Ui has left Beta Stage and is pushed out to Samsung devices we won't have a comprehensive list of devices that's compatible with it @tphem55

Sometimes not all the features in new firmware will be available to some devices too due to hardware limitations.

As Samsung and networks refrain from commenting on software release dates probably because of the backlash they would get if the dates slipped the best practice is to watch here and on tech blogs and periodically check your software update section if reports say your model of phone is compatible. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Highlighted
Explorer

Yes i read septemeber 2019 

Looks like we're getting 2 OS Updates.

Here the link of the article : www.sammobile.com/2018/12/24/samsung-android-pie-update-roadmap

Superuser I
Superuser I

Update > The Samsung J3 2017 model is September 2019.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Observer

I saw in two lists J330-FM occured but i suspect that updates that will get is maybe 8.1 oreo (some phone get 1 major update, but if its true that it will get 9.0 pie on september 2019, i will be suprised!)

Observer
But i got 8.0 but SE (samsung expirience) is 9.0, hope it will be upgraded

I was wondering as well.

First Poster

Hello

Top Liked Authors