Support

Open search

Galaxy S8+ vertical lines on screen

Voyager

Hey @Michelleauer! At this point, I'd recommend dropping into one of our Support Centres for an engineer's inspection. To find the closest Support Centre to you, please head to: spr.ly/60108S76r Is there one close by? Let us know how you get on! :robothappy

My phone became unresponsive. After I hit black I couldn't get off the screen without restarting my phone.

My phone also still showed the line when the colors showed up
First Poster

My S8 just started displaying a single, vertical line overnight. It is visible with all colors, but strongest on the black screen.  Also, the screen would not reset with a tap when testing the black color and I had to use the power switch.

Highlighted
Explorer

Good evening @Devildawg98,

I think you should visit a Samsung service centre if there is one close to where you live. 

If you can't get to a Samsung Support centre, please call Samsung customer services and explain what has happened. 

The phone number for Samsung customer service is :

0330 726 7467

0330 726 7864

Hope this helps, good luck.

Best regards,

Ali786
Apprentice

Is you charger broken? When my s8 plus had lines on the screen the charger was broken at the same time. I used another charger and the lines faded a bit but not entirely.

Explorer

Good afternoon FinancialElk,

Yes my charger was also not working properly, I used to have to prop the phone at an angle against the wall to make my phone charge.

I got a new charger but it made no difference to the lines.

Hope this helps, good luck.

Take care and have a wonderful day.

All the best, 

Ali786

I'm using samsung galaxy s7 edge and have the same problem. But after i using it by looking at hd movie the line dissapear. But now it come again. I think this is a software bug. I hope samsung will fix this.

First Poster

@GungWahAjung wrote:

I'm using samsung galaxy s7 edge and have the same problem. But after i using it by looking at hd movie the line dissapear. But now it come again. I think this is a software bug. I hope samsung will fix this.

Hi I looked into it further and it turned out to be a feature it's a short cut to apps... I looked on utube to turn it off all fine now...felt a bit daft to be honest ..but happy it's not a fault... give this ago if you haven't already 

I got the Samsung s8 4 days ago and I've got a vertical line on the screen I've not dropped my phone or anything I just woke up and it's was like this 

Top Liked Authors