Support

Open search

Galaxy S8 no longer fully pairing with car after most recent update

Highlighted
First Poster

My Samsung Galaxy S8 has been paired via Bluetooth with the Mazda Connect in my Mazda CX-5 for over a year and a half with no issues. After the most recent system update, it will connect but my email and text messages will no longer download/connect (those options are greyed out on the car's screen). I can access the phone book, contacts, etc. but no messages/emails.

I've tried unpairing the phone and repairing it, and all notifications appear to be allowed. I've checked with Mazda and nothing has changed on their end so wondering what I have to do to get things working again, given that this only started happening after the update. Any advice would definitely be appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
Superuser I
Superuser I

Seems your not alone @Millcroft 

I'd suggest to send feedback via the Samsung Members App too.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S9-S9/Samsung-S9-and-Mercedes-CLS400/m-p/883983/highlight...

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

First Poster
Hi did you get this fixed?
First Poster

I did - I ended up resetting and erasing all current Bluetooth info and pairings and then going back and repairing everything. A bit of a pain to have to resync everything that was paired with my phone but at least the problem was solved!

Top Liked Authors