Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy S8 call volume very low

(Topic created on: 22-09-2017 08:26 PM)
MGS1
First Poster
Options

Hi all since the last update a few weeks ago the volume during a call is really low, I've tried all the trouble shooting and turning up the volume during a call but everything is maxed out. 

This is my work phone and I work for my self so it is very important that I can hear and understand what potential customers are asking me. 

Having the phone in loud speaker just to hear is not good.

My media and other things work fine it's just the ear piece volume that's not working even with pressing the extra volume button during a call nothing changes.

The phones only a few months old I had it the week before official launch.

Argh please help.

Thanks in advance to anyone who responds.

Go to solution
114 REPLIES 114
LorHem
Student
Options
OM goodness, such a simple fix, no tape, no updates, just press volume up when you are in the call! done deal! lololol had this issue for too long, and feel so silly now!
0 Likes
Abdz
First Poster
Options

Hello friends. Its very simple. Don't stress alot about it. Just take a safety pin and gently clear the ear piece holes. I did the same now and was surprised that the voice is clear now.

Try this on the first priority then go with software etc. 

0 Likes
LorHem
Student
Options

Much simpler, press the volume up button when in the call. 

0 Likes
AE23
Student
Options

I did try this but the earpiece thingy/with mesh was dusty. Which showed on blutac.

0 Likes
Charles7x
First Poster
Options

I have updated my phone and it is now so quite on the phone people  cant here me and hang up please help me fix this

0 Likes
J13
Journeyman
Options

Your speaker is probably dirty. This was my problem. Use tape. Rub it over the speaker really well then pull off. Do this a few times. The stronger the tape the better it should work. I used duct tape. My friend used scotch tape. But they both worked. 

0 Likes
J13
Journeyman
Options

Try using compressed air to clean that area

0 Likes
PaulShears
First Poster
Options

Your Blu tack solution, although low tech, is an absolute stroke of genius! It's as if there was never even a problem at all.

BigGirl
First Poster
Options

I tried every fix I could find on every site.  I ended up having to file an insurance claim with Assurion and getting a replacement phone.  I think that the factory/device warranties on these phones should be extended.  It is ridiculous that I had to pay for a replacement phone when the issue was with the equipment, with no mishandling or misuse on my part.

Annoying, but not as annoying as not being able to take a phone call without earphones or speaker.

0 Likes
Jaws1
First Poster
Options
Update lowered incoming call volume. Make a call then use toggle on left side u will see volume bar that says incoming call volume.
0 Likes