Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy S8 call volume very low

(Topic created on: 22-09-2017 08:26 PM)
MGS1
First Poster
Options

Hi all since the last update a few weeks ago the volume during a call is really low, I've tried all the trouble shooting and turning up the volume during a call but everything is maxed out. 

This is my work phone and I work for my self so it is very important that I can hear and understand what potential customers are asking me. 

Having the phone in loud speaker just to hear is not good.

My media and other things work fine it's just the ear piece volume that's not working even with pressing the extra volume button during a call nothing changes.

The phones only a few months old I had it the week before official launch.

Argh please help.

Thanks in advance to anyone who responds.

Go to solution
114 REPLIES 114
J13
Journeyman
Options

I was having issues with low call volume. I put duct tape over the speaker rubbed it in the best I could. That worked for my. I let my son play with my phone. I believe he clogged my speaker. I should mention I tried the suggested method first. I also washed my speaker with a small brush with no luck. 

0 Likes
gr8est
First Poster
Options
Fixed mine! Thanks a lot!
J13
Journeyman
Options

I’m glad it was helpful!

0 Likes
GaryS1
First Poster
Options

I thought this was so full BS that it would never work but I tried everything else and nothing worked.  I didn't have Blu-Tac but I had some reusable silicone tape and it did the job.  Lol before I tried it I would have given it 10% but by golly it worked.

MrJess
First Poster
Options

OMG, thank you for the dollar store fix. Couldn't believe it worked so well. Had done all the softwars stuff, even tried vacuming out the earpiece...nothing. Tac...FIXED! the bonus i can stick stuff to the fridge now :smiling-face:

JStoltz
First Poster
Options

I know this is an old message but thought I'd add my response for anyone looking.  I didnt have blue tac but just used tape after seeing this thread and it worked for me!

Acaudill23
First Poster
Options

Under call setting, supplementary setting i turned up optimize for hearing aid and now I can hear clearly threw my speaker 

0 Likes
AE23
Student
Options

OMG genius. Have had problems for the last few days and despite trying resets/software upgrades nothing helped. Your trick worked straight away. Thank you.

lauran
First Poster
Options

omg I've not had speaker for so long n just read at blue tak n omg it works so pleased.

christiexroad
First Poster
Options

wow! I was so sure this wasn't going to work, but it did... so simple. thanks so much. I'm so excited that I can actually hear people again. 😁