Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy S8 call volume very low

(Topic created on: 22-09-2017 08:26 PM)
MGS1
First Poster
Options

Hi all since the last update a few weeks ago the volume during a call is really low, I've tried all the trouble shooting and turning up the volume during a call but everything is maxed out. 

This is my work phone and I work for my self so it is very important that I can hear and understand what potential customers are asking me. 

Having the phone in loud speaker just to hear is not good.

My media and other things work fine it's just the ear piece volume that's not working even with pressing the extra volume button during a call nothing changes.

The phones only a few months old I had it the week before official launch.

Argh please help.

Thanks in advance to anyone who responds.

Go to solution
114 REPLIES 114
Tom43
First Poster
Options

I just did this using a square of Gorilla tape as I haven't got any tac tac.  Seems to have worked great!

Arekanderu
First Poster
Options

hi,

Believe it or not... It worked!!!!! thanks a lot. I also used a piece of cloth with a little bit of alcohol to clean it in order to get better results.

Medramont
First Poster
Options
Great solution! I tried an alternate solution as well, which is to blow up the dirt from the earpiece using canned air with the tiny straw that they come with. It removed all the dust and dirt, and the volume went back to normal. Hope this is useful as well.
Ravisap
First Poster
Options

best solution is try cleaning your speaker with a tooth brush . the layer of dust in between the mesh stopping the sound.

I tried everything then this is the trick worked for me and my friend.

Ashley5
First Poster
Options

I tried all of these options and still not working at full capacity.

0 Likes
Rachele1
First Poster
Options

Thanks for these tips! The blue tac worked a treat in phone speaker & then I used compressed air to clean the Mic etc... now no problems at all with sound/calls or text to speech &;"ok Google" & such like! Thank for advice, will rember the blue tac thing especially, so simple but effective :smiling-face:

AglaFin
First Poster
Options

Thanks for these tips! The blue tac worked a treat in phone speaker & then I used compressed air to clean the Mic etc... now no problems at all with sound/calls or text to speech &;"ok Google" & such like! Thank for advice, will rember the blue tac thing especially, so simple but effective.

0 Likes
ditone62
Student
Options

A me non ha funzionato!!! :serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth::serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth:

Ho il cellulare da neanche 1 anno, e non riesco più ad usarlo normalmente.

Sono costretto a cambiare cellulare se non vengono emessi con urgenza degli aggiornamenti che risolvono il problema, ma questa volta non sarà samsung.

0 Likes
Jaime8
First Poster
Options

I love my S8 too and had it over a year so far since the release date and having the same problem to on the headset it seem so quite to talk to anyone on it and have to do it over earphones where I'm not liking to do that every time I have a call I have to get my headphones to make that call and my phone everything is up to date and still getting the same results. Plus I feel Samsung wants us to upgrade towards the S9 or S9 plus but they are still expensive right now unless they take my perfectly used S8 for trade in with no additional charge. I'm up for but if not I have another good long time with my S8 until S9 becomes a reasonable price.

0 Likes
Kevin99
Apprentice
Options

If you go into settings then sounds you need to click on ' mute all sounds' then unclick it and hey presto my call volume is really loud and clear.