Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy S8 call volume very low

(Topic created on: 22-09-2017 08:26 PM)
MGS1
First Poster
Options

Hi all since the last update a few weeks ago the volume during a call is really low, I've tried all the trouble shooting and turning up the volume during a call but everything is maxed out. 

This is my work phone and I work for my self so it is very important that I can hear and understand what potential customers are asking me. 

Having the phone in loud speaker just to hear is not good.

My media and other things work fine it's just the ear piece volume that's not working even with pressing the extra volume button during a call nothing changes.

The phones only a few months old I had it the week before official launch.

Argh please help.

Thanks in advance to anyone who responds.

Go to solution
114 REPLIES 114
Shauny_B
Explorer
Options
Try my rather low tech solution (listed earlier in this post) and let me know how you get on... Thanks
MrsRaspberry
Apprentice
Options

to be honest id rather not try blu tac on my phone it could invalidate the warranty if it doesnt work and has to go for repair anyway. if they find blu tac stuck in the earpiece they will possibly say i caused the problem myself. rather send it in without it being messed with 

0 Likes
Shauny_B
Explorer
Options
Your choice, I am only offering a solution, which is one that definitely would not invalidate your warranty and potentially could save you a lot of money.
Either way, hope you find a solution that works for you
MrsRaspberry
Apprentice
Options

its not costing me a thing to repair as its under warranty as per my contract

0 Likes
rlyng
First Poster
Options

I'm glad I came across this.  My phone is past warranty and I was just going to replace it since I could only use the speaker phone for effective conversation.  I used a few swipes of regular brown masking tape and my volume is back to normal.  Such a simple solution and much appreicated.  Saved me a good bit of money.

Bryant54
Apprentice
Options
Worked for me and leaves no residue anywhere.
LaQuinta1
First Poster
Options

Wow!!  Thanks a million.  I have spent the last two days googling and troubleshooting in an effort to fix this problem with my samsung S8.  I could hardly hear anything.  As a last resort, I went to Metro PCS, assuming that they could help.  To no avail, they seemed as clueless as I was.  Unfortunately, they suggested that I spend $100 toward my deductible to replace my phone.  As frustrated as I was, I'm so glad that I did not give up.  I found myself searching several sites.  I eventually ran across your post.  It gave me the solution that I was looking for.  Who in the world would have thought that it would be something so simple. 🤗 So,  I took your advice and cleaned my speaker.  It ACTUALLY WORKED!!! 👏👏 Woohooooo.  Thank you for this remedy.  Most of all,  thanks for saving me 100 BUCKS. 💰💵 You ROCK!! 🙌 💖💛💚💙

Dillybb
First Poster
Options
The, it worked wonders!
Albania1
First Poster
Options

Thank you so much! I restarted the cell phone and it had the volume that I needed, and after I restarted it my cell phone started updating! Thank you so much!

0 Likes
evelynp
First Poster
Options

I also found a solution on youtube. it's very easy. I had this same issue for 2q days, and before that my ear speaker was working perfectly. I did the new update on the phone and that's when the problem started. not sure if that update had anything to do with the issue, but this helped me solve the problem.

here's the video

https://youtu.be/X6MReBdVDJg