Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy S8 call volume very low

(Topic created on: 03-12-2018 04:41 AM)
MGS1
First Poster
Options

Hi all since the last update a few weeks ago the volume during a call is really low, I've tried all the trouble shooting and turning up the volume during a call but everything is maxed out. 

This is my work phone and I work for my self so it is very important that I can hear and understand what potential customers are asking me. 

Having the phone in loud speaker just to hear is not good.

My media and other things work fine it's just the ear piece volume that's not working even with pressing the extra volume button during a call nothing changes.

The phones only a few months old I had it the week before official launch.

Argh please help.

Thanks in advance to anyone who responds.

114 REPLIES 114
Adamthegigante
First Poster
Options

Hi, i just solved speaker problem. I did clean up speaker grill from all debris using fine bristles brush. Speakers grill opening are to small and easily get clogged. Now problem solved and I'm happy with my low budget solution. Thanks

Mirza2
First Poster
Options

Hearing voice is very low   when speakers is on I hear incoming voice kindly update immdly. 

0 Likes
Goldnstar7
First Poster
Options

Thank you so much it worked  My speaker was just dirty 

Zuri10
First Poster
Options
Thank you! This was such an easy fix. I used masking tape instead of the blu tac tac and it worked perfectly for me. I'm so glad that I don't have to take it to the store for repairs or resort to using my earphones every time that I get a call.
0 Likes
howettworks
First Poster
Options

I had the same issue, one day my calls where just quieter. Tried updates, restart etc. But I found an effective fix. Once you are on a call, not on a headset, click the 3 elipses on the top right of the call controls and click "enable extra volume". Worked for me, call volume back to "normal". I guess I lent on the phone with my ear or something to disable to extra volume without knowing it.

Gazza667
First Poster
Options
I would also like to add my thanks. You were spot on with this cure. My S8 has been quiet on call volume for around 6 months. I tried a few things but recently cracked my screen. So was gonna do an insurance claim. But the screen still works ok & i'm due an upgrade in a few weeks. But the last few days the volume has gotten so low ive had to plug my headphones in to hear callers.
I've just stumbled on your topic & low & behold, volume is now restored.
Huge thanks Shauny_B & MGS1 for posting this topic
🙂
Kevin99
Apprentice
Options

Glad it helped you 

0 Likes
nerdlett0608
First Poster
Options

BINGO. THANK YOU!

Donjohn1973
First Poster
Options

After trying all the reset solution boot to safe mode etc  I sprayed electrical cleaner CRC in the ear hole at top of the screen (switch off first) and the loudness and clarity is now amazing.  Simply a blocked port.

0 Likes
SyedFaizan
First Poster
Options

All things just waste of time .. i have same issue ..i try to update my cell 3, 4 time .. then i reset it 3 time then i update it 2 time . But no response. Then i visit a repairing shop ..he gave me estimate of 120$ to replace ear peice  but after all i try to clean it By Petrol with a tooth brush .. its make it ok... i feel very happy .now its like new.. in this some carbon block voice & petrol remove it off.. its good solution 

0 Likes