Support

Open search

Galaxy S8 call volume very low

Highlighted

I experienced this issue with my s8 active.  While in calls I could hear others clearly, however they could not hear my unless I switched to speaker. My solution was to replace the type c port chip (which includes the microphone). At this point I have full functionality of all microphones and speakers. 

Highlighted
Explorer

Hey there

The issue you describe is different to what is being discussed in this thread. You should find a thread that discusses the same issue as you and post this. Other people may find this very helpful as a resolution

Highlighted

I just had the same problem and repeated application of duct tape and a gentle fingernail into the speaker groove fixed it like new.

Highlighted
First Poster

This happened to me.  I discovered that debris, dust, and skin oil will collect on the speaker grill. Wiping and washing the front of the phone can push the grunge deeper. Put a small syringe of alcohol up to the grill and flush the grill and area behind the grill out. 

My phone is working perfectly again! 

Highlighted

wipe cache partiion.

shut off phone

Press hold Vol up key, and the Bixby key then press power key.

Android logo displays, release all keys, (installing system update) will show for 30-60 secs. before showing Android system recovery menu.

Press Vol down key and highlight wipe cache partition.

Press Power key to select

Press Vol down key to highlight and press Power key to select

when cache is wiped rebootsystem now is highlighted

Press Power key to restart.

Highlighted
First Poster

it worked!  Thank you!

Highlighted

Hi i need help please my phone volume is very low it started today, i can nit hear anything unless i put it on speaker can someone help me please.

Highlighted
First Poster

Clean the speaker by pressing silly Puddy onto it and removing repeatedly.  I had to do it about 20 times before I started to see a white residue.  Once that was removed, the sound is perfect now.

Highlighted
Explorer

Please check the accepted solutions on this thread... hopefully one will help you

Highlighted
Explorer
happy this solution worked for you
Top Liked Authors