Support

Open search

Galaxy S8 call volume very low

Highlighted

Yo God dam life saver. Another fixed phone over here.

Highlighted
First Poster

Annoying of poor sound call quality on Galaxy Note 8? Few steps to fix low call volume on Samsung Galaxy Note 8. You can face several galaxy Note 8 phone call issues during calls such as low speaker volume, dropping calls, people can’t hear your voice on calls etc.

Highlighted
First Poster

Perfect solution. Thanks for posting. I never would have thought of it. Phone is crystal clear again.

Highlighted
Explorer

blu tac is a thing, may depend on what country you are in thou.... its basically blue plasticine (putty), that is mainly used to stick paper or light objects to a wall... look it up on the interwebs, all your answers can be found there

Highlighted
First Poster

My wife made cookies for Christmas and of course flour seemed to go into the earphone of her SG 8+.., so conversation sound was so low and muted..., I think that it was from bad update a few days ago.. but it was not...., so I read all of this posts, update all I can from Google play and Samsung store, clean with alcohol, secret menu (*#0#*) trick which not works,  and finally use of some Sound booster (which helps a bit....), but nothing helped like this:

Duct tape over the earphone and push carefully so that surface glue from duct tape can pick up all dust and dirt inside mesh of earphone..., a few times repeat.., and voila.., earphone sound is better than before...!!! Solved...!!!!!

Highlighted

My in call volume is too low to hear the person on the other end.  Any suggestions?  I have checked the notifications and those settings are fine.

Highlighted
First Poster

Hi MerinIndia, I had the same problem Believe it or not the reason was the speaker had dust in it. If you get some blue tac and push it over the speaker hole a few times it pulls the dust out. Mine works perfectly now.

Highlighted
First Poster
SimonD is 100% correct; dab some blu-tack (putty adhesive) on the phone speaker a few times and you're good to go.

Yes I get it sounds stupid, but it worked for me and most of the people on here.

Here's a link to the original solution post. If his advise works for you, don't forget to thank him & Simon.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Other-Smartphones/Galaxy-S8-call-volume-very-low/m-p/500970#M180...
Highlighted

Hello

I had the very same problem and after trying all sorts of fixes I found the answer. My phone is paired to my car which is parked on the road outside, my phone automatically pairs with the car once I impaired it the volume on the phone came back.

Highlighted
First Poster

Another S8+ fixed here. I've used Alcohol + Cotton Swab + vacumm cleaner, because clear tape didn't helped much. 

I've literally drowned the speaker in the alcohol (phone supposed to be water proof ), swiped it couple of times with cotton swab and vacummed everything out. It's working as new !

Top Liked Authors