Support

Open search

Galaxy S8 call volume very low

What are blue tac tacs
Apprentice

It may be an auto correction. Just use tape, I used duct tape. I hope this helps

Observer
I almost ignored this because it sounds so silly but it did the trick. I didn't even see a lot of dust on the blu tack but it fixed it nonetheless. Thanks Mate.
Apprentice

Glad this has worked for so many people, so long after I originally posted it too

Apprentice
Haha glad u didn't give up on my advice lol
Highlighted

@Shauny_B wrote:

Sounds simple but.

Get some blu tac tac press firmly over the ear piece then take it off.

This piece easily becomes clogged with dirt and dust.

You will probably notice the dirt on the blu tack

Do this a few times and try making a call again.

Thanks

I made a profile to come back and say thank you specifically to this reply. The blu tak, or 'fun tak' by Loctite I found at TruValue worked perfectly. I started slow but ended up mashing a fresh tiny piece in 30 or so times, every press you could see a few more holes clear out until I had all but one clear. (I would estimate there are 45 holes in that ear speaker screen). I started my phone back up and had to hold it away from my ear when it was on max volume. Worked perfectly, this should be top solution. Press it in there hard many times, it works!!! The 'fun tak' cost 2.99

Apprentice
- thanks... glad i could help to be honest... it makes me smile every time this advice helps someone
Observer

I can`t thank you enough for this! You helped me to save some money and I was ready to buy a new phone because of this. I like my S8 and I am very happy that I can use it again. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Observer

I'm not sure about all the technical things everyone is putting out there because I tried them and they had no affect on the problem. I simply took a baby wipe and can of air for my PC keyboard and scrubbed the ear speaker and it fixed my problem. I'd imagine dust, dirt, and pocket lint gets in there blocking sound. Hope this helps you as it helped me.

Observer
Clean your earpiece.
Top Liked Authors