Support

Open search

Galaxy S8 and Android Pie (9.0), One UI Alarm sound

Highlighted
First Poster

So now, after Galaxy S8 update to android Pie the alarm feature "gradually louder" sound over time has disapeared, now it's annoying too loud in the mornings.

I wonder how much less convenient android will be in the future? Can developers stop to delete convenient features instead of adding useless ones?

Also I remember really cool feature on LG G2 back in 2013 when it showed next alarm time right on lockscreen under time label so you could see it instantly and didn't borrow with sliding as an ***** (standart feature without adding widget or installing fancy alarm app). Then they killed it with new update... Is it so difficult feature to have it on Android in 2019?

20 REPLIES 20
AndrewL Moderator
@200SX: If you open the Clock app > Alarm > Select your alarm > Alarm sound > You should see the option 'Gradually Increase Volume' at the bottom of the screen with a volume slider > Toggle the switch to the right so it highlights > Back > Save.
First Poster

checked it again and as I said, there is no anymore such option with the last updates (both android and One UI)

SmartSelect_20190311-153638_Clock.jpg

First Poster

Hi, 

Mines exactly the same since updating to UI it was fine before, but the gradual slider has now dissapeared 

First Poster

@200SX wrote:

So now, after Galaxy S8 update to android Pie the alarm feature "gradually louder" sound over time has disapeared, now it's annoying too loud in the mornings.

I wonder how much less convenient android will be in the future? Can developers stop to delete convenient features instead of adding useless ones?

Also I remember really cool feature on LG G2 back in 2013 when it showed next alarm time right on lockscreen under time label so you could see it instantly and didn't borrow with sliding as an ***** (standart feature without adding widget or installing fancy alarm app). Then they killed it with new update... Is it so difficult feature to have it on Android in 2019?

Earlier galaxys' were the same as you described for your LG, my Galaxy S8 is having the same issues with this new ver. 9.0 Pie

Apprentice
Exacty the same issue here on my S8.
THIS ALARM FEATURE IS A MUST!
Many people don't want to be blasted into reality with sound as they are waking up! FIX THIS.
And AMEN to the fact that they keep removing great features for unknown reasons.
They removed the custom sound notification for an incoming text that could be applied to each specific contact. It was great because you could know who was texting without looking. It's Been gone for about a year now and never came back.
TAKING AWAY NICE FEATURES RUINS THE UPDATES!!!!

@68plus wrote:
And AMEN to the fact that they keep removing great features for unknown reasons.
They removed the custom sound notification for an incoming text that could be applied to each specific contact. It was great because you could know who was texting without looking. It's Been gone for about a year now and never came back.
TAKING AWAY NICE FEATURES RUINS THE UPDATES!!!!
I miss this feature so much!
Observer

You are right. I just woke up to a loud alarm. I tried to use the gradually increase option and it's not there. Which begs the question: aren't updates supposed to make things better and better instead of annoying and basic? 

Apprentice

Just obtained a Galaxy S8 and discovered this issue. Aren’t Samsung staff supposed to respond to issues raised on here? How do we users get this acknowledged and auctioned?

Apprentice
*actioned
Top Liked Authors