Support

Open search

Galaxy S8 and Android Pie (9.0), One UI Alarm sound

Superuser I
Superuser I

@68plus wrote:

You say...."though it is not that loud with the alarm I have"?

You need to understand that using a softer alarm is not helpful because it... NEEDS TO BE LOUD ENOUGH TO WAKE ONE UP. If one just can't be late for work or needs to catch a flight or something the alarm volume is turned up. Then, guess what?.....

BLASTED INTO REALITY! 

<hence, why the feature is wanted>

Hi @68plus  Realise it is  pressing issue for some, just saying in my experience alarm loud enough but not too loud.  As @AntS has said the increasing volume is now intended to work by default but if this is not the case you can raise issue via Samsung Members App.

I think you should test before giving an answer of this ... In my S8 the alarm already triggers at the maximum programmed volume ... The volume does not increase gradually by default as you say.

The gradual volume up function is for you not to wake up in fright but slowly. Or even turn off the alarm before it reaches full volume.

Highlighted

That does not work like that for everyone. My head starts hurting when I even have a sound, so I normally only turn on vibration (my backup alarm has sound though), and I have an alarm set on my Watch Active

I meant to reply that to this:

@68plus wrote:
You need to understand that using a softer alarm is not helpful because it... NEEDS TO BE LOUD ENOUGH TO WAKE ONE UP. If one just can't be late for work or needs to catch a flight or something the alarm volume is turned up. Then, guess what?...

Idk how to do that on mobile lol
Top Liked Authors