Support

Open search

Galaxy S8 and Android Pie (9.0), One UI Alarm sound

Apprentice

I don't know. 

Another alarm anomaly showed up, though.-----> Following the first snoozed alarm, subsequent snoozed will just snooze automatically after about 10 seconds (without even touching the phone). I sleep right through that! This showed up after this last update I do believe. 

@Roger013 wrote:

Just obtained a Galaxy S8 and discovered this issue. Aren’t Samsung staff supposed to respond to issues raised on here? How do we users get this acknowledged and auctioned?

THE alarm Automatically SELF SNOOZES
: (

Apprentice
You used to see the "gradually increase alarm" at the bottom of the page but you don't anymore. That's the point of this conversation.
Apprentice
UPDATE: This feature of allowing specific sounds to play with individual users has reappeared. You have to dig for it but it's there.
Apprentice
Yes I realise that, my question was about how to get this addressed by Samsung, as they don’t appear to take any notice of this forum, even though it’s theirs!
Apprentice
I’m hoping that the volume feature is still there but well hidden, a bit like the specific user sounds feature.
Superuser I
Superuser I

@Roger013 wrote:
Yes I realise that, my question was about how to get this addressed by Samsung, as they don’t appear to take any notice of this forum, even though it’s theirs!

Hi @Roger013  You will find that Moderators  (Samsung staff) and other members regularly answer questions,  However it is primarily a customer to customer forum for sharing experiences, giving advice. There are many sections/ threads on this forum and it may take a bit of time for some queries to be addressed if there are limited users available at a given time.

With the Pie Update the gradually increasing alarm feature does not seem to be available for many users  at the present time, unless others have a different experience.   I have S10 and have checked various settings but can not see an option (though it is not that loud with the alarm I have)   some info here Galaxy Alarms-XDA  

I would suggest you address it via the Members app . Quick method is to click the three dots in the clock app and select contact us.

Screenshot_20190822-151408_Samsung Members.jpg

Apprentice

Thanks James for the helpful reply. Much appreciated

Apprentice

You say...."though it is not that loud with the alarm I have"?

You need to understand that using a softer alarm is not helpful because it... NEEDS TO BE LOUD ENOUGH TO WAKE ONE UP. If one just can't be late for work or needs to catch a flight or something the alarm volume is turned up. Then, guess what?.....

BLASTED INTO REALITY! 

<hence, why the feature is wanted>

Highlighted
AntS Moderator

Hi all,

JAMES4578 is right in that the Members app is best for sending direct feedback for a specific issue. (The Community can be pretty good for spreading the word to get more users to send feedback on something BTW. )

I asked our software team about this one for you guys though, to see what info we could get from the Samsung Clock app developers. According to them, the 'gradually increase volume' feature is set to work by default (hence why no manual adjustment). They've advised that if there are further problems (e.g. you're finding that the alarm sound is too loud) then to report that as soon as it happens using the Members app error reporting feature, and attaching log files to that error report for the developers to analyse:

Samsung Members app > Get Help > Send Feedback > Error Reports > [select error type] > attach a description (with key words describing the issue) and tick ‘send system log data’ > Send.

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Apprentice
Brilliant. Thanks for your help
Top Liked Authors