Support

Open search

Galaxy S8 & S8+ Beta UK Frustration

Explorer
3 months is what l waited and apparently some people waited longer not sure if it had anything to with the CSC mine was XEU or just a mistake on Samsung's part
Apprentice

XEU is now part of OXM which comtains the following country csc's

OXM multi CSC ( ACR AFG AFR ARO ATO AUT BGL BNG BRI BTU CAC CAM CHO COO DBT DKR ECT EGY EON ETL EUR ILO INS ITV KSA LAO LUX MID MWD MYM NEE NPL ORX PAK PHE PHN ROM SEB SEE SEK SER SKZ SLK THL THR TPA TPH TTT TUN TUR XEF XEH XEO XEU XFE XME XSG XSP XTC XXV ZTO )

Dailing *#1234# will tell you what csc you are running along with other details on any samsung device

Apprentice

Not fair play Samsung. You won't have many beta testers next time or at least the ones from this time who have  given their time for free to help you bug test  your own conundrum. What you gonna do then? Time we have spent for testing was a community effort for the whole good and you left is out and destroyed the community's goodwill. Not going good. Don't become  like Facebook and Google and bring your own downfall. Plus we can send you a bill on our hourly rates for software testing as in the end we didn't get the end product as promised so all terms are null to which both parties signed up. 

Explorer
Yes your right but the CSC codes have just recently changed they hadn't changed when Nougat beta was running
Apprentice

wrote:
Yes your right but the CSC codes have just recently changed they hadn't changed when Nougat beta was running

Yea i just checked the csc of my partners s7 which was btu so could be why she got it much quicker.

Explorer
First, yes, the multi-country csc was first introduced with the S8.

Second, I first thought the delay for the UK was due to CSC scheduling. I myself didn't accuse Samsung of lying, I only think they have messed up on distributing the official release. The update file has no CSC information at all. It leaves your CSC untouched. It is a generic update for all exynos with ZRA5 beta. It would be much easier for Samsung to just release the update for all beta testers in all countries at the same time and schedule the public release from Nougat according to their CSC. I am a patient person and I could have waited few more days or months but why should I if I can update easily so I did thanks to XDA.

Lastly, I was not frustrated but I surely understand why some people are and they have the right to feel this way. You cannot tell people how to feel.
Superuser I
Superuser I

I received the message from one of the moderators. He doesn't have direct access to the information related to the BETA testing community but he escalated the matter internally to get some answers for us.

Of course I don't promise anything but here at least we have a chance to get answers.

By the way, have a look around this forum (whole community). 

It's quite big and I intresting and a lot is happening here.

Leon24xxx
AntS Moderator

Hi guys.

Just to let you know, I'm having a look into this, and will let you know more when I do.

Also, please try to keep the discourse with one another civil. There's genuinely greater value in sharing and appreciating one another's differing needs, wants, viewpoints, and experiences than there is in trying to win the Internet "I'm Right and You're WRONG!" Cookie Trophy (unless you really, really want that cookie, of course...).

Community_Sig_S10_02s_f.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Superuser I
Superuser I
👍👍👍👍👍
Leon24xxx
Explorer

A quick guide of the new CSC OXM file and country codes.

OXM was introduced with S8 on Nougat. It contains multi countries code as stated however that is not what your phone CSC is. Dialing *#1234# will display the CSC file name and the generic OXM code. To actually see you CSC, you have to go to Software information and it will show you 3 codes for your phone in the CSC section toward the middle-bottom of the info screen. For example it will display XEU/PHE/O2U or EXU/EXU/O2U

The first code is your current CSC code. This code is used for OTA, bloatware, Samsung Pay. This can change only by inserting a SIM from a country on the list OXM and resetting your phone. The second code is your carrier and it is determine by the current SIM without having to reset your phone. The carrier code determine your language default, region setup for the Galaxy Play Store and carrier specific features such as wifi calling and VoLTE as well as you carrier specific files. The third is your original CSC and that's where you bought your phone. The third code cannot change without rooting or Samsung Service Center. This code is used by Samsung to determine Warranty aligibilty and maybe other stuff by Samsung. So the OTA distribution is controlled by the first code and all the UK testers would have XEU code.

Top Liked Authors