Support

Open search

Galaxy S8 & S8+ Beta UK Frustration

Navigator

@Fyve4321wrote:

I emailed the ceo and got a stock reply that didn't address my complaints as a beta user, so I used the new odin to download the latest production version. No changes to my csc, and I have Google pay back. It doesn't change the way I feel about this situation, but at least I can use my phone fully again. 

I didn't get the courtesy of a reply. All I want to do is return to certified software. Doesn't seem too extravagant or demanding a request.

First Poster

That's really bad, it took a couple of days to get my reply using the Web form on the Samsung site. 

You shouldn't have to update what was a flagship (at the time) manually using tools and builds downloaded from non Samsung sites. I'm glad I did as I was really frustrated waiting on Samsung, but it doesn't mean I'll forget how they treated us. 

I haven't had any issues with my phone since going the Odin route. None of the security stuff has been tripped either. 

Explorer
I emailed the CEO 4 days ago and haven't had a reply not even the standard courtesy email it's like Samsung have forgotten the UK set a testers or don't care about us any more l have been a beta tester on and off for samsumg for years and l can honestly say this is the worst beta program l have done for them and it will be my last.
Navigator

Another article in the mainstream press :

Samsung Galaxy S8 Oreo update proves the biggest problem with Android | Tech | Life & Style | Express.co.uk https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/929592/Samsung-Galaxy-S8-Oreo-Update-Biggest...

This time they've even mentioned us abandoned beta testers and rightly point out that that this poor service is not what you expect for a premium device.

Explorer
In this article it state's that the UK may not receive the Oreo update until April that's at least a month after the release of the S9 WHAT A SAMBELS
Navigator

@Badboy1wrote:
In this article it state's that the UK may not receive the Oreo update until April that's at least a month after the release of the S9 WHAT A SAMBELS

That's another change as originally it was believed that branded handsets would have to wait until April. 

I just don't understand why beta testers are being left without a route to return to a certified version, and not just that but being ignored. 

Highlighted
Explorer
I applied to come off the beta program a sort while ago got a notification from the beta team saying l could went back to nougat it worked for a short while then my mobile automatically updated back to Oreo beta for some reason. While checking out some other forums there are loads of other people having the same problems and not just from the UK this whole situation is now just total sh-t
Navigator

I think you must spam message everyday to samsung 

I drop to check samsung s8 have update or not I buy samsung s9 and my s8 I give my girlfriend 

Samsung need more attntion to customers if not in the future will have big problem 

Explorer
Your wrong about that Grzegorz79 what's the point of spamming anyone let alone Samsung when they don't reply to emails although I do agree they need to pay more attention to there customers and commuacte with them more.
Navigator

Well so much for beta testers getting the update a day earlier. Oreo is now rolling out to Three and Vodafone. Disappointing.

Top Liked Authors