Support

Open search

Galaxy S8 & S8+ Beta UK Frustration

Navigator

@AntSwrote:

@phk: Not sure if 'Phil' is you, but I agree with what they said there. Ultimately, firmware will be used by a wide spectrum of users, so any feedback on it from those doing the testing of the beta is worth airing and considering - even if it doesn't make it into the eventual update.

I apologise, yes I'm Phil. 😀

Unbelievably it's become worse. With posters being described as "munchkins" and "cry-babies" .

Navigator

@Got2trythiswrote:

@phkwrote:

Unfortunately the bullying and disrespect has returned to the beta community.

Screenshot_20180216-140111_Samsung Members.jpg

Did you update to the final version? How are you still accessing the Beta community? Luckily I lost my access to the beta community when I updated to the released version which by the way is not bad at all.  Some of the small bugs that were reported during beta are still present so I expect several new releases as the public start discovering these issues :-)

I guess they're the ones that posters were told to stop whinging about. 

I didn't have the time to do the update and then it was "withdrawn". Although it's only a tiny risk of restarts, I thought I would hold out until the revised version.

I'm still making a note of any bugs just in case there's a request for feedback.

First Poster
Novalauncher prime has customisable all over and oreo features. Don't wait for samsung
Superuser I
Superuser I

Leon24xxx
Highlighted
Navigator

Be patient? So 6 months waiting isnt patient ?

Explorer

There are reports on XDA and Sammobile saying that Samsung have started to release the new update now but as far as l can make out they have only released it in Germany for now and it says that other countries will follow shortly after but they have not given any dates of when we will receive it 

Navigator

I am disappointed that beta testers have not yet had any notice about what is happening. We are completely in the dark.

I see that even Sammobile are now reporting on the frustration felt by loyal owners, in a lengthy and remarkable piece, they point out the serious questions raised by owners experiences.

It will be interesting to see what changes Samsung make.

Superuser I
Superuser I
6 months waiting????
I was waiting all my life to have a build number ending "*****". And it actually matches it's quality.
Leon24xxx
Explorer
There are reports now saying people in Russia are now receiving the new update but when l checked it's actually the 1st one with ***** build number. Not sure when the UK will receive it as Samsung have refused to give out any information other then you will receive it soon which is total bull ××××
Explorer

@Badboy1wrote:
There are reports now saying people in Russia are now receiving the new update but when l checked it's actually the 1st one with ***** build number. Not sure when the UK will receive it as Samsung have refused to give out any information other then you will receive it soon which is total bull ××××

All the new releases including the one in Russia for the S8+ Duo has a CRB7 PDA.  The only 2 files that changed in the new release is the PDA (Firmware) and the Bootloader. Both has the CRB7 version. The modem and CSC is the same as the old release C R-A P.  Sammobile has all the new releases listed now on the Web which means none beta users in Russia, Spain, and Poland Nordic, and India are receiving the new release. 

I don't know if you notice that the list of countries are different for the S8, S8+ and the Duo models. 

I have updated mine to the CRB7 G955F using the full firmware using Odin and have not noticed any difference in stability or battery life or anything at all noticeable whatsoever.  The upgrade went smooth without loosing any data and without changing my CSC as all the new releases has the OXM CSC which contains all of the European countries. So my XEU CSC and features are intact. 

Top Liked Authors