Support

Open search

Galaxy S8 & S8+ Beta UK Frustration

Explorer

Well this is what Samsung have released about stopping the update they released it about 5 hours ago

https://www.sammobile.com/news/samsung-reveals-why-it-stopped-the-galaxy-s8-android-oreo-release/

Navigator

Oreo upgrade has been pulled 

Explorer

Yeah we already no that

Navigator

According to a post on Reddit, a Samsung support person said that Beta users will receive the new version first.

Those people on Three who received it, did so because of somehow having a "foreign" version of the phone.

I suppose it's understandable that when you have, basically, a European version of the firmware it's not going to recognise country boundaries. Perhaps Samsung should consider making the release Europe wide. This would cut down on complication.

Explorer

Yes l read that report but that's the problem it was a Support Person (contact centre) they only have a very limited amount of information on the situation and that's all they are aloud to give out nothing more and you may ask how do l no this up until recently l worked for a well known mobile company doing the same job here in the UK.

It's about time Samsung showed it's customers some respect and hold there hands up and say sorry we made a mistake and we will keep you informed of the progress and release the new update as soon as possible not just leave everyone in the dark like they have done.

Navigator

@Badboy1wrote:

Yes l read that report but that's the problem it was a Support Person (contact centre) they only have a very limited amount of information on the situation and that's all they are aloud to give out nothing more and you may ask how do l no this up until recently l worked for a well known mobile company doing the same job here in the UK.

It's about time Samsung showed it's customers some respect and hold there hands up and say sorry we made a mistake and we will keep you informed of the progress and release the new update as soon as possible not just leave everyone in the dark like they have done.

I must sadly agree that it is (and was) lack of feedback that causes so much frustration. Despite all that has happened, no-one from Samsung has thought to communicate with beta testers to explain what is happening and what to expect.

Navigator

Unfortunately the bullying and disrespect has returned to the beta community.

Screenshot_20180216-140111_Samsung Members.jpg

Highlighted
Explorer

@phkwrote:

Unfortunately the bullying and disrespect has returned to the beta community.

Screenshot_20180216-140111_Samsung Members.jpg

Did you update to the final version? How are you still accessing the Beta community? Luckily I lost my access to the beta community when I updated to the released version which by the way is not bad at all.  Some of the small bugs that were reported during beta are still present so I expect several new releases as the public start discovering these issues :-)

Explorer
It never stopped in the first place, l have done a few beta tests in the past for Samsung and l have to addmit this one is the worst so far for bullying and disrespecting other people's views.
AntS Moderator

@phk: Not sure if 'Phil' is you, but I agree with what they said there. Ultimately, firmware will be used by a wide spectrum of users, so any feedback on it from those doing the testing of the beta is worth airing and considering - even if it doesn't make it into the eventual update.

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Top Liked Authors