Support

Open search

Galaxy S8 & S8+ Beta UK Frustration

Explorer
There are some conflicting reports about issues with the update there are quite a few going around problems with camera messages, videos, phone laying ect
Explorer

@Badboy1wrote:
There are some conflicting reports about issues with the update there are quite a few going around problems with camera messages, videos, phone laying ect

Thus is the name C R-A P

Explorer
Definitely
Highlighted
Explorer

@Badboy1wrote:

Seriously speaking, the Beta program was not managed correctly. It started great but throughout the updates more bugs were introduced. While that should be normal, agressive users and disrespect were allowed in the community discouraging less technical testers from reporting problems.  Guess what,  technical users usually don't report small problems since they find workarounds.  On the top of it all, I was shocked when the Beta ended abruptly when a lot of people were still reporting major problems - most likely the reason was a marketing driven and not technical. The result is releasing a buggy software that you have to pull back after 24 hours. Throughout the beta, I had few small issues not counting the major mess with notifications and now I have yet encountered any problems with released software.  The notifications still a mess but I resolved that with Nova and Tesla and it is too early to report on the battery although it seems a little worse than Beta 5 and 6. 

Navigator

@Got2trythiswrote:

@Badboy1wrote:

Seriously speaking, the Beta program was not managed correctly. It started great but throughout the updates more bugs were introduced. While that should be normal, agressive users and disrespect were allowed in the community discouraging less technical testers from reporting problems.  Guess what,  technical users usually don't report small problems since they find workarounds.  On the top of it all, I was shocked when the Beta ended abruptly when a lot of people were still reporting major problems - most likely the reason was a marketing driven and not technical. The result is releasing a buggy software that you have to pull back after 24 hours. Throughout the beta, I had few small issues not counting the major mess with notifications and now I have yet encountered any problems with released software.  The notifications still a mess but I resolved that with Nova and Tesla and it is too early to report on the battery although it seems a little worse than Beta 5 and 6. 

I very much agree, I've mentioned before that moderation was poor, there were bugs and there was lack of feedback.

Moderation was so weak that members were bullied or shouted down by the 'forum police' who seemed to be taking part just to show how clever they are. This means bugs go un-reported.

The Samsung Members app was buggy, how many times did you see people post about a bug; be told to include logs next time it happened and them to reply "but I did". This happened to me. Who can forget the blank notices which were blamed on the members having Chrome Beta involved, when we didn't!

Of all the bugs and feedback I reported, I had an answer to only one! Heaven knows what happened to the feedback, some of these bugs are still in ZRA5. Dare to mention the lack of feedback in the forum and the trolls tell you to stop whining.

All in all, that was the singularly most ineffective beta program I've ever taken part in. Whoever was in charge of managing it needs to take a long look at themselves.

I won't be taking part in future Samsung beta programs!

Apprentice
@phk we will be lost without you in the future betas' what will we do when we don't have genuine testers on the program. End result will be a more buggy software!
AntS Moderator

Hi all.

I've received some official word on the Oreo rollout, and I can confirm that the Oreo update release has been put on hold due to issues with the rollout. The software team are working on fixing the bugs and to re-release the Oreo update as soon as possible. How it'll affect you:

• If you've downloaded the update on your device, but not installed Oreo, the firmware will be removed automatically. 
  • If you've downloaded and installed the update on your device, Oreo should work without any glitches. After the latest version of Oreo is released, you'll have to download the firmware again to install the OS to your device if you haven’t already.

I haven't received any info on my initial enquiry into what happened with the rollout schedule to you Beta testers though.

In addition, I'd like to say that whilst I'm saddened to hear of your experience of the Beta testing and its Community, I'm glad that you're providing feedback on it here.

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Navigator

Then

@AntSwrote:

Hi all.

I've received some official word on the Oreo rollout, and I can confirm that the Oreo update release has been put on hold due to issues with the rollout. The software team are working on fixing the bugs and to re-release the Oreo update as soon as possible. How it'll affect you:

• If you've downloaded the update on your device, but not installed Oreo, the firmware will be removed automatically. 
  • If you've downloaded and installed the update on your device, Oreo should work without any glitches. After the latest version of Oreo is released, you'll have to download the firmware again to install the OS to your device if you haven’t already.

I haven't received any info on my initial enquiry into what happened with the rollout schedule to you Beta testers though.

In addition, I'd like to say that whilst I'm saddened to hear of your experience of the Beta testing and its Community, I'm glad that you're providing feedback on it here.

I must say that this community seems welcoming and a much better space to discuss and report than the Beta community. 👍😊

Apprentice

@AntSwrote:

Hi all.

Thank you for the update just goes to show Samsung may be the kings of hardware on android but man can they screw up big time first the note 7 time bombs now pulling software back and just the complete mess of the beta, For myself this won't be a issue from today as my contract has been messed up soo much since i got my s8 bills twice as high things missing from contract ECT my s8 is being returned to get out of my contract and I can certainly say I won't be getting another Samsung device. Time to move to a stock android device will be less hassle with updates ECT from companies like Samsung who say one thing then totally do another, Maybe in a few years when Samsung get a grip on doing beta testing i may return to a Samsung device as i will certainly miss the Samsung ui and features they add sometimes.

Explorer
It's just been one big mess up after another come on Samsung get your fingers out and put this right asap you are losing your UK customers just of some silly makes you have made it's about time you treated your customers with the respect they deserve
Top Liked Authors