Support

Open search

Galaxy S8 & S8+ Beta UK Frustration

Explorer

My card isn't contactless.

And also samsung did lie. One of my friends on three received the update, without being a beta tester. That's why they removed the message in beta notices that said that they would release the update the day before, because that was no longer the case.

Explorer

Does twrp trip Knox?

Explorer

wrote:

Does twrp trip Knox?

Yes. Why do you want to use it? 

Superuser I
Superuser I

It will trip Knox. My advice is NOT to use it.

I guess that you want to update using either rom image or update file (zip). 

If yes then just boot to standard recovery and select update from sd. Just make sure that update file is already on sd card.

Leon24xxx
Navigator

wrote:

My card isn't contactless.

And also samsung did lie. One of my friends on three received the update, without being a beta tester. That's why they removed the message in beta notices that said that they would release the update the day before, because that was no longer the case.

I have a colleague on Three who also received it. I wouldn't say Samsung lied; I would say it's all a muddle.

Explorer

Still doesn't change the fact that it was released earlier. Also the removal of the beta notice is still quite suspicious, even if this was a "muddle". I think they had to ditch their plans to give the final release a day earlier to beta testers.

I mean, a day earlier is bad enough, but getting it later than everyone else is just pushing it. Last beta it was released weeks in advanced for nougat testers.

Navigator

wrote:
First, yes, the multi-country csc was first introduced with the S8.

Second, I first thought the delay for the UK was due to CSC scheduling. I myself didn't accuse Samsung of lying, I only think they have messed up on distributing the official release. The update file has no CSC information at all. It leaves your CSC untouched. It is a generic update for all exynos with ZRA5 beta. It would be much easier for Samsung to just release the update for all beta testers in all countries at the same time and schedule the public release from Nougat according to their CSC. I am a patient person and I could have waited few more days or months but why should I if I can update easily so I did thanks to XDA.

Lastly, I was not frustrated but I surely understand why some people are and they have the right to feel this way. You cannot tell people how to feel.

Can I ask about the XDA process? Looking at the link, it seems you can only go from the beta to the released version if you have an S8+ ? But bizarrely when you click on ZRA5 to ***** whilst the title says S8+ the model number is SM-G950F !

I agree with you that people are allowed their own feelings. Perhaps it's because I was also left behind after the Nougat beta (in the end I used Odin) and was promised it would not happen again. So I'm probably a bit sensitive that yet again Samsung are leaving behind beta testers.

I beta test for various companies and apps. I must say that Samsung beta is not managed as effectively as it could have been. I'm not so dramatic that I will change brand loyalty. But I will give any future Samsung betas a miss.

Note: Hilarious that the community software filters out the release version C R-A P !

Highlighted
AntS Moderator

wrote:

Note: Hilarious that the community software filters out the release version C R-A P !

LOL. Can we fire whoever came up with that release version acronym? :robottongue:

Community_Sig_S10_02s_f.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Explorer
If you use it correctly it will not trip knox
Explorer

wrote:

wrote:
First, yes, the multi-country csc was first introduced with the S8.

Second, I first thought the delay for the UK was due to CSC scheduling. I myself didn't accuse Samsung of lying, I only think they have messed up on distributing the official release. The update file has no CSC information at all. It leaves your CSC untouched. It is a generic update for all exynos with ZRA5 beta. It would be much easier for Samsung to just release the update for all beta testers in all countries at the same time and schedule the public release from Nougat according to their CSC. I am a patient person and I could have waited few more days or months but why should I if I can update easily so I did thanks to XDA.

Lastly, I was not frustrated but I surely understand why some people are and they have the right to feel this way. You cannot tell people how to feel.

Can I ask about the XDA process? Looking at the link, it seems you can only go from the beta to the released version if you have an S8+ ? But bizarrely when you click on ZRA5 to ***** whilst the title says S8+ the model number is SM-G950F !

I agree with you that people are allowed their own feelings. Perhaps it's because I was also left behind after the Nougat beta (in the end I used Odin) and was promised it would not happen again. So I'm probably a bit sensitive that yet again Samsung are leaving behind beta testers.

I beta test for various companies and apps. I must say that Samsung beta is not managed as effectively as it could have been. I'm not so dramatic that I will change brand loyalty. But I will give any future Samsung betas a miss.

Isn't funny that it is getting filtered out - hhhh.  I was so skeptical because of the name but yes they did name it C R-A P.  

If you click on the link of the file in the XDA article, it will take you to the Android File Host and there are 2 files.  In my case the default was 955F but right underneather the file name there is another link for the S8.  The link is titles if you are looking for the S8 model...

Anyway, you only need to download 1 file.  Put the file on the SD card.  Go to the stock recovery and chose the option to update from SD.  Chose the file and that is it.  You will end up with the release version and you will not lose your data.  Backup your data anyway just in case.  The whole thing takes less than 15 minute.  

Top Liked Authors