Support

Open search

Galaxy S8 activity reminders no longer working/setting gone

Navigator

Until last week my phone still reminded me to be active every hour. Then it stopped. I also can't find the setting for it in S Health anymore. I've tried reinstalling S Health, but to no avail. No reminders. I need those reminders or I'll sit on my backside for wayyyy too long! What happened? How can I fix it?

I've compared the settings to my wife's S7, and hers still has the option to switch on inactive time alerts.

2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL Moderator
@Arya1999: To begin with please open S Health > tap the 3 dots in the top right > Manage Items > Active Time > Swipe the switch to the right so it is highlighted in green and enabled. Now, hit the back button > look for Active Time on your home page and tap it (if you just activated it it will be at the bottom of your list) > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Set target. If you go back to the Home screen, tap the 3 dots and select Settings > Notifications > Reminders and Alerts > Show Notifications, this should resolve your issue.
Navigator

Thanks for the suggestion, but sadly it didn't work. I'd already set a target so I changed it to a different one (also switching it off/on), but the inactivity alert option didn't reappear. It's also not under advanced in the settings.

It says "1 category deleted" at the bottom for some reason (which was there already before I reinstalled it).

Top Liked Authors