Support

Open search

Galaxy S8 - Very slow opening of notifications

First Poster

Hi,

I've Galaxy S8 (SM-G950F) with Android 8.0.0 on it and lately I'm experiencing lag while I'm opening notifications from notification bar. Example, if I receive Whatsapp message and swipe down and select message it takes quite a bit of time to open it. It is the same with Viber and any other app and it's happening only by swiping down and selecting notification. If I try to open Whatsapp or Viber directly the app opens instantly, no lag  in message opening.

What could be the reason for this? Am I missing something, maybe some Samsung's optimization, security setting or else?

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
First Poster
I started having the exact same problem with Viber (don't use Whatsapp) after upgrading S8 to Android 8. Now I switched to S9 and I still have the exact same issue.

Hi,

mostly it's a lag when is Viber involved. Tried cleaning cache, reinstalling Viber but with no luck. Did you find anything?

First Poster

I got S9 in the mean time and I installed the whole phone from scratch without restoring any backup and still the same issue.

First Poster
Same problem on S9+. And not limited to just one app either. Very annoying samsung, what's the fix?

It also happens to my S8, especially when the notification comes from my Secure Folder.

Does anyone from Samsung reads our messages/replies/queries? I hope they do something about this.

Apprentice

Likewise, really annoying. Where is the Samsung response? It is your forum no? 

First Poster

I'm having the se issue. It's not just chap apps, other shopping apps send me notifications about deliveries. It takes 2 to 5 seconds for the app to open

Top Liked Authors