Support

Open search

Galaxy S8 Screen Problem

SOLVED
First Poster

Hello,

I just recieved my Galaxy S8 yesterday. After one day using it, I realize that the screen has some problems. First, there are some dark shadows on the screen, it will disappear when setting to maximum brightness.  If I move black pixel icons over those dark shadows, it create a new dark line in the screen.  The dark shadows can be seen by the eyes, but it's hard to see after recoreded by my camera. Moreover, when recording using my camera with shutter speed set to 1/100, the screen is flickering while nothing happens to my old Xperia XA. Is this screen defective, or is it normal with AMOLED?

This problem is very annoying, you can see my recorded videos in the following urls:

Galaxy S8 Flickering

Dark lines 1

Dark lines 2

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Superuser I
Superuser I

Go with your gut feeling and have the phone swapped out @winev52 before any cooling off period expires. 

My s8 display is even. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Highlighted
Navigator
You have a defective screen unfortunately, I had the S8+ for a year and never experienced this issue even on the Oreo beta. since its brand new you should be able to return it for a new one - or they will send it in for repair under warranty.
3 REPLIES 3
Superuser I
Superuser I

Go with your gut feeling and have the phone swapped out @winev52 before any cooling off period expires. 

My s8 display is even. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

First Poster

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

My s8 display is even. 

So does your S8 have flickering screen like mine?

Highlighted
Navigator
You have a defective screen unfortunately, I had the S8+ for a year and never experienced this issue even on the Oreo beta. since its brand new you should be able to return it for a new one - or they will send it in for repair under warranty.
Top Liked Authors