Support

Open search

Galaxy S8 Screen Burn In

Explorer

Has anyone else noticed some screen burn on their galaxy S8/S8+? I noticed that on my lock screen, I can faintly see a bar at the bottom where the on screen navigation buttons are, and having checked it against some flat coloured backgrounds I can faintly see the nav buttons. I've only been using it for 12 days and this seems strange. I don't have my brightness unusually high and I don't leave my display on for long periods anyway...

28 REPLIES 28
Superuser I
Superuser I

Not at all on mine there is pixel movement on the nav bar so should not happen and tbh screen burn normally will only show after 6 months + with a fixed pixel at 5 hours use per day. Try running the colour test to see if you have it still *#0*# in the dialer and look at the RGB there.

Explorer
Yes, I have done the colour test and it is faintly visible on there also - along the bottom of the display. Is the pixel movement in the navigation bar or only for the home button on the always on Display?
Superuser I
Superuser I

Pixel shift is on the AOD as for the nav bar it should not be a issue as its a area that changes around a lot im not 100% sure the on screen buttons on the nav bar are still or not lol as I don't have them up for long.

Superuser I
Superuser I

I've seen a few threads elsewhere which explains the Home Button moves to stop screen burn.

At the moment I have my home button showing with AOD.

Goid question on the others. 

Are you able to somehow get a picture of this and upload it here ? 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Yes ive had my s8 plus since it came out and already have screen burn i can see my keyboard icons from apps already showing threw im not happy and going to samsung shop tomorrow 

Observer

Yes I experienced the screen burn badly

First Poster

Yes iv got screen burn in on s8 i can see my icons underneath my screen trying to contact Samsung but that are not listing to me

First Poster

Tried that and you can see the icons underneath the the blue test !

Top Liked Authors