Support

Open search

Galaxy S8 Screen Burn In

First Poster

Verizon replaced after having me factory reset it to see if it will go away and it didn't. 

First Poster
Return it
Explorer

I know it has been a while, but having had my S8 for almost 2 years now, the screen burn in has faded to almost nothing. On a grey screen you can just about make out the status bar and nav bar, but to be honest, it has held up well. How is everyone else's doing? Did it get worse for anyone?

Hi, what did they do about it. I have noticed for awhile now, unfortunately I have had mine just over 2 years now.
First Poster

I went Verizon and they replaced after making me factory reset it but it was still doing it. 

Highlighted
First Poster

T-Mobile asked me to reinstall the app... lol. As if it would make a difference (it was Candy Crush's screen I could see).

I was on T-Mobile Jump for insurance so they replaced my phone for $8 or something, after making comments about why I would bother replace my phone for that...

First Poster

It was keyboard that was burned in..lol

I've read a couple of threads about this screen burn-in, and I have it. I have a Galaxy S8 that I've been using for approximately a year. I have a screen print of it, which I'm going to try to include in this email. It's disturbing, looking at photographs that I've taken, and not knowing where the extra images and colors are coming from.  This is a screen print of my flashlight screen. You can see the faint red icon images in it.Screenshot_20190731-082324_Flashlight Screen Torchlight.jpg

First Poster

That is the exact thing I had in my phone I can see my keyboard.. go to your provider or call them.. they made me factory reset it first to see if it went away but it didn't si then they replaced my phone free of charge..its a defect with their phone don't let them charge you..I have Verizon.. hope this helps

Top Liked Authors