Support

Open search

Galaxy S8 No Firmware/Android Updates

Superuser I
Superuser I

Ok @Ninboja  but I still would comply with@TracyR offer of help which will help you when approaching the seller.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Apprentice
I have and already emailed the seller, thank you for your time.
Highlighted
First Poster

I too have this issue. I'm stuck on Android 7. 

I have a Samsung s8 SM-G950F. it won't update to android 8, it's stuck on 7. It says no updates available.

baseband version g950fxxu1aqj5

I also tried updating with Smart Switch, but that also said my device is up to date. any ideas?

Good evening everyone.

Am actually facing the same issue, samsung SM-G955FZKADKR android version 7

Actual baseband version is G955FXXU1AQD2.

I tried to update through smartswitch but still get the message that the phone is up to date.

Apprentice

Sorry for the late update, I managed to contact the seller and was told contact Samsung directly which then told me to visit them in store so they can have a look and manually install a new system on it. 

After the system(probably the main UK version) has been installed I have been informed that my phone as said before was intended for a different market and will probably not receive any updates, unless I go to them so they can install it for me if I wanted to (probably can do it myself too but wasnt sure how it would affect warranty/knox). 

However after a few days a new update came out for teh S8 and I was curious if I would get that update so I checked it and I have received the update, going to see if I still can get new updates when one comes out so it might be a fix.

Top Liked Authors