Did you mean: 

Galaxy S8 Camera Glitch in Low Light

(Topic created on: 04-12-2019 04:27 PM)
Aleksandar5533
Apprentice
Options

This is my screenshot from videoThis is my screenshot from video

This is normal pictureThis is normal picture

As you can see when i turn on camera in low light its pretty good but when i change to video mode its really weird. Why is this happening? Is this normal or just bug in my system?

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @Aleksandar5533 ,

that is odd! Are you able to tell me if this is only happening in low light conditions? What software version is the phone currently running on and are all the apps up to date? 

0 Likes
Aleksandar5533
Apprentice
Options

It only happens in low light and it only happens on video, on picture is all normal. Im using Android 9 and all apps are updated.

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Thanks for that @Aleksandar5533 .

Is this happening in the rear and/or front camera? Can you try to take a video in the same light conditions using a third-party app camera (for example WhatsApp or Instagram) to see if the issue persists? 

Aleksandar5533
Apprentice
Options

Its happening to a rear camera. And using third party camera is better than using factory app. I installed random camera app and it takes better video in low light than factory camera app.

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Have you tried any other video mode to see if the issue persists? 

Aleksandar5533
Apprentice
Options

Oh wow i didn't noticed this. The problem is only in video mode. Slow Motion and Super Slow Motion are working normally in low light.

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Thanks for confirming that. Have you tried a Soft Reset @Aleksandar5533 ? If you haven't done so hold the Power and Volume Down buttons until the phone restarts. Let us know how you get on.

0 Likes
Aleksandar5533
Apprentice
Options

Nope, i restarted it multiple times and its still not working. I just hope its just software problem that is easily fixable.

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

How long have you been experiencing this issue, @Aleksandar5533 ? have you tried to run the phone in Safe Mode to see if the issue is still occurring? You can find all the steps to do this here.

0 Likes