Support

Open search

Galaxy S7 won't connect to Windows 10 laptop

Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

Ok do not enter more than 10 times or it will lock the sim card that is in it. http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/skp/faq/354704 you just need to follow those instructions or have a samsung shop help out.

Highlighted
Apprentice

The problem is that I bought a new Layka mobile card and it's same.aI will go to Samsung shop on Tuesday.Thank you for your  help!

Highlighted
Apprentice

After reading almost every site with a solution - none worked!
So i started like a step by step sense solution:

Here it is for you all:

1. Install this driver https://www.techspot.com/downloads/drivers/essentials/mtp-driver-for-android/
2. Restart PC
3. Go to "Devices and Printers" and you'll see your phone as "Unrecognized" then right click and "Proprieties"
4. Select Hardware
5. You'll see an exclamation mark over MTP - Double click on it and will open another windows
6. Choose "Update Driver" then choose "Search Online"
7. Then wait till it finish
8. Done!

All will work now!
Enjoy :-)

*Note - My operating system is not in English so the translation menus may not be as accurate as it should - but the steps are this ones.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

I followed steps 1 and 2, but after restarting my PC and going to "Devices and Printers" my phone was not shown as unrecognized. The name of the phone was there. I clicked on Properties and Hardware but there was no MTP option anywhere.  I viewed the driver for the phone and the Update Driver option was grayed out. My phone will connect to my husband's computer, so I know there's nothing wrong with the phone itself. Do you have any other suggestions? TIA

Highlighted
First Poster

I have two S7 Edge phones and neither would be recognised by Windows 10 update - or so I thought. As both phones would not be recognised I was sure the fault didn't lie with the phones. It drove me mad trying to get them to connect to my tabletop computer - I tried every thing.

What I didn't try was holding the USB cable firmy in its socket. I pressed the USB in the socket and held it there firmly and low and behold my computer recognised the phone. In my case that was the problem - a USB socket that wasn't as tightly connected as it should be.

Highlighted

I Have Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus, I have tried to connect, But it won't connect to windows  10, My Samsung Galaxy S9 was also not connecting with my brother printer. That i have fixed with the help of brother Printer customer support, How can I fix it.

Highlighted
First Poster

Thanks Mike but that also was a no go, will continue the relentless search!

@MikeDias wrote:

After reading almost every site with a solution - none worked!
So i started like a step by step sense solution:

Here it is for you all:

1. Install this driver https://www.techspot.com/downloads/drivers/essentials/mtp-driver-for-android/
2. Restart PC
3. Go to "Devices and Printers" and you'll see your phone as "Unrecognized" then right click and "Proprieties"
4. Select Hardware
5. You'll see an exclamation mark over MTP - Double click on it and will open another windows
6. Choose "Update Driver" then choose "Search Online"
7. Then wait till it finish
8. Done!

All will work now!
Enjoy :-)

*Note - My operating system is not in English so the translation menus may not be as accurate as it should - but the steps are this ones.

Highlighted
Observer

Problems with connection J5 Windows 10 solved as follows:
First install:
-Media Feature Pack for N versions or Windows 10. There is a choice of 3 versions. Make sure you have 32-bit or 64-bit Windows. Try it out for yourself.
Then restart PC.
Then install Samsung Smart Switch for Windows on the Desktop. Restart again. Close with Samsung J5 cable and it works. Tested on 2 Samsungs J5.

Highlighted
Apprentice

@Bonzocat wrote:
I have two S7 Edge phones and neither would be recognised by Windows 10 update - or so I thought. As both phones would not be recognised I was sure the fault didn't lie with the phones. It drove me mad trying to get them to connect to my tabletop computer - I tried every thing.

What I didn't try was holding the USB cable firmy in its socket. I pressed the USB in the socket and held it there firmly and low and behold my computer recognised the phone. In my case that was the problem - a USB socket that wasn't as tightly connected as it should be.

A bad experience, I can understand your irritability. This is my attempt to successfully solve this problem:
1. Update your computer
2. Set your Android device to USB Mass Storage or MTP
Settings > More Settings > USB Utilities > Select the Connect Storage to PC option > Follow the prompts to set up your phone and check if your computer can successfully recognize your Android phone.
My friend told me that enabling USB debugging is also helpful in solving phones would not be recognized by laptop problems.

Highlighted
First Poster

thanks. it worked for my galaxy note 5 too. i had the same problem

Top Liked Authors