Support

Open search

Galaxy S6 - cannot access all settings on phone

SOLVED
First Poster

In the past 24 hours, my android device is no longer able to display the settings options correctly.  All I mean by this is that any list, under settings, which is longer than the screen size automatically scrolls to the bottom and I cannot scroll to the top as the device will not allow it (if you try to pull the list down, it will flicker/stutter and won't scroll).  Therefore, I currently cannot access Connections, Device Maintenance or Apps for example.  It was all working fine 24 hours ago and the only things that have happened in that time is that I have updated the BBC news app and Samsung PayUK app installed itself.  I tried uninstalling the BBC news app to see if this was the issue, but the problem was still there.  Unfortunately, I cannot uninstall or disable the Samsung PayUK app to test if this is the problem.  I have been in my local Vodafone store and they have told me to do a factory reset but before I do this I wanted to check if anyone knew about this problem and, if yes, do you know of any way to resolve it? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
First Poster

UPDATE: I think I might be answering my own question here which is a first for me!!!

Decided to try cleaning my cache using App Cache Cleaner - 1Tap Clean (by Apex Apps). Initially this resolved my problem until I did a restart then the problem returned again.  I cleaned the cache again and the problem went away again but upon restarting it was back.  I decided to uninstall the app and now the problem is staying away permanently so I can only assume that the app has become incompatible with my device.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
First Poster

UPDATE: I think I might be answering my own question here which is a first for me!!!

Decided to try cleaning my cache using App Cache Cleaner - 1Tap Clean (by Apex Apps). Initially this resolved my problem until I did a restart then the problem returned again.  I cleaned the cache again and the problem went away again but upon restarting it was back.  I decided to uninstall the app and now the problem is staying away permanently so I can only assume that the app has become incompatible with my device.

View solution in original post

Top Liked Authors