Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S6 - Samsung Internet Browser opening random spam sites

(Topic created on: 22-08-2019 09:05 PM)
roman111
Apprentice
Options

About two weeks ago (probably after last browser update) Samsung Internet Browser started opening some random websites (thisdaythatage.com, indiancooking4u.online). The pop-ups occur when unlocking and also while using the phone. I did a factory reset, but after a few days the problem returned. I checked the “the list of recently used apps in Google Play Store” after a “pop-up” but all I see is Samsung Internet Browser. The “unknown sources” option is always off. I have only the default Samsung apps installed. After a quick google search I’ve noticed is that many people have the same problem, so maybe it’s a s6 related thing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

33 REPLIES 33
Liston777
First Poster
Options

I am having the same issue on s6 and it started about a week ago. Im guessing some update was put in or something? Has anyone found a solution yet?

0 Likes
stormwulf
First Poster
Options

Same issue. S6. Been having it for a week or so. Uninstalled Samsung internet updates and essentially disabled Samsung internet but it restarts itself after a day or so.

Seriously considering ditching all the Samsung phones in the household ( 5 of them ) in favour of an alternate company.

0 Likes
Galaxy95
Apprentice
Options

I am disabling the peel remote thing  and see what happen. I think it might be it since its summer and I use the app on turn on my window ac since the ac remote broke. Other than that I don't have any other app on this s6

Galaxy95
Apprentice
Options

Yes, its that peel remote thing. I had that disabled for the longest time then summertime came and my window ac remote broke so I enable the app and the pop up starts once a day then it was doing like 4 or 5 times a day. Yes it the stupid peel remote.

Deedlet
Student
Options
I have had the exact thing happen on my s6. I factory reset it cause it was driving me nuts and it started doing it again a few days later. I basically have no apps other than twitter/insta/fb/YouTube on my phone. I had never used peel remote, but after reading this, noticed it was on my phone and enabled. So I have now disabled it. Hope it fixes....
0 Likes
Galaxy95
Apprentice
Options
Thank you, you were right about that peel remote.
Deedlet
Student
Options

Yup. Disabling peel remote seems to have done the trick. I haven't gotten any adds since I disabled it.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Also, F U Peel Remote.

Joenortherncal
First Poster
Options

Thanks to all... That was driving me crazy on my S8.... Thanks Samsung for pushing me to the upcoming Pixel 4.

0 Likes
Fuhrer
First Poster
Options

My god i hate that app.   Havent used the thing in years and having no end of trouble with it.   Some months back it was causing pop up adds all the time but at least the it opened through the peel app so i knew which one to disable.   I disabled the app yet again yesterday and so far so good.    They removed the app from the play store after the last fiasco so sadly i cant talk trash to them there anymore.   Never had an app cause so much stress.   I hope all the jerks at peel step on legos

0 Likes
Kath8
First Poster
Options

I have had the same problem.  Tabs opening up automatically when I am in the middle of typing an email, or doing anything.  I even had a warning that I could not have so many tabs open at the same time!  I use Chrome and only have 2 or 3 tabs open at once.  Then I found they were opening automatically in Samsung Internet, and there were dozens of tabs open!  So I tried Disabling it.  It just asked me if I wanted to replace it with another version.  No other option so couldn't disable it. Clicked on Force Stop instead.  It hasn't stopped it.  Since visiting this forum I have tried Force Stop on Peel Remote too.  Don't know yet if this will work.  I am a Senior Citizen and not that techy, so why are Samsung inflicting these problems on us?

0 Likes