Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy J6 doesn't find Wifi network

(Topic created on: 05-11-2019 11:29 AM)
Girlgeek
Apprentice
Options

Help!

My Galaxy J6 suddenly doesn't connect to Wifi anymore. It doesn't find ANY network and keeps on scanning. 

My J5 shows no problem, neither does my Asus laptop.

So I don't think it is a network problem.

When I go to a outside location of my home, the J6 suddenly does show a list  of available networks. 

At a friends place I can login easily on her netwerk.

Back at home still nothing and no netwerk schowing.  Of keeps on scanning.

I tried rebooting.

Does anyone knows what is going on?

Thx for every suggestion. It drives me nuts.  🙄😥

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
CarlH
Options

Hi @Girlgeek. Which Android version are you currently running on your J6? Do you have a limit on the amount of devices that can be connected to your router?

0 Likes
Girlgeek
Apprentice
Options

Hi CarlH,

I am running Pie (9)
No...no limits on devices.
I fear I will have to do a hard reset which is a hastle 🙄

Very strange problem this...

0 Likes
Girlgeek
Apprentice
Options
Hi CarlH,

I did a reset of the networksettings => no result
Reset of general settings => no result
I did 2 hard resets: the phone found the network and meet connection. 10 minutes later the same problem occured.
It keeps on scanning but doesn't find ANY network.

How can I find a solution? I have the impression that more people have this problem.
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @Girlgeek. Have you got the Power Saving Mode on? If so, turn it off and restart the phone. To change this setting go to: Settings > Device Maintenance > Battery. Next look to change this: Settings > Connections > Wi-Fi > Advanced > Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep > Always. Also, is your J6 the only device in your house that is not connecting to your Wi-Fi? Have you tried restarting your router as well? 

0 Likes
Ralphandrei13w
First Poster
Options

Hello, pls help. I've done this and its not fixing the problem also, yes im the only one my samsung j6 is the only one not connecting to the wifi

0 Likes
JodiWheeler83
Student
Options

Hey @CarloL, 
I have had this issue for the last 2 months, I have done 2 hard resets, reset my router and checked with my wifi provider to make sure there are no limits on connection devices. 
My phone connects fine to Wifi sources outside of the house, but for some reason it keeps coming up as an Authentication Error at home. 
I am at a loss? 

0 Likes
ASH16
First Poster
Options

I am having the same issue, i.e my samsung J6 pus wont connect to my home wifi although other devices connect just fine. i have tried all the resets both soft & hard to no avail, Samsung please respond there definitely seems to be a trend here with this product.

Regards

0 Likes
JodiWheeler83
Student
Options

Hi Ash, 
I eventually got my J6 reconnected to my home Wifi, but had to completely reset my router to factory settings. 
I also did another hard reset on my J6 and downloaded my apps individually with their updates.  

0 Likes