Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy J6: Earphones screwing up

(Topic created on: 06-06-2019 06:42 PM)
Al-Ameen
Apprentice
Options

I haven't had a single problem with the earphones that came with my device up until today. For some reason, I can only really hear audio on one side of the earphones. I have to adjust the jack so I can hear it on both sides. I'm not liking this apparent issue at all and I'm already contemplating buying a replacement on eBay.

What could've caused this? The most plausible reason is that I like to keep my earphones at maximum volume at all times. This also happened with a previous set of earphones I had. What also could've caused this is that a wire seems to be twisted near the jack.

Can you please help me?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Using a torch see if there is any lint etc in the headphone Jack.

Clean it carefully and don't use pressurized air.

Also as a process of elimination can you try your earphones in another phone and try another different set in your phone. 

A Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can run a diagnostic test on the phone @Al-Ameen 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Al-Ameen
Apprentice
Options

I tried my earphones on an iPad and got the exact same result as before, even after cleaning the jack. It seems to be the earphones and not the phone itself.

I would also like to clarify that it's the left side of the jack that's screwing up; the right side works fine.

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Thank you for trying that @Al-Ameen 

From your findings I agree it's the earphones.

How long have you had them ? 

Check what your manufacturing warranty is which won't be 24 months but instead 3 or 6.months.

You may need to invest in some new ones. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Al-Ameen
Apprentice
Options

I started using them around January, so give or take 5 months. And like I stated before, I like to keep the earphones at maximum volume. I have no idea what my warranty is, but it probably doesn't matter.

Eh. I found a pair of earphones on eBay for about €6, so no problem.

0 Likes