Support

Open search

Galaxy J5 spotify storage

SOLVED
First Poster

my samsung galaxy j5 for some reason is saying in storage settings that spotify is taking up 2GB of internal storage, but all the data is acctually stored in my microSD card. i know this because after i deleted the app to check none of my internal storage space freed up at all. will some one please help me ressolve this issue?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Explorer

Have you tried Clearing Data? I mean Spotify's Data from the SD. This should solve the issue. Because it has worked for me before. 

Waiting to hear from you
Explorer

Glad to hear that it worked!

These are the steps to move Spotify's data to SD Card. 

1. Navigate to Settings on your phone. You can find the settings menu in the app drawer.

2. Tap Apps.

3. Select Spotify.

4. Tap Storage.

5. Tap Change if it’s there. If you don’t see the Change option, the app cannot be moved. If you are unable to find any apps with this option, it is likely that your device does not support the feature.

6. Tap Move.

If your device does not support moving apps to a microSD card there’s another option, first introduced in Android Marshmallow, that may be the answer for you. This feature is called Adoptable or Flex Storage, and it allows you to format a microSD card to act like added internal storage. Again, not all devices with a microSD slot will support this feature: Motorola, HTC, Huawei and NVIDIA have all chosen to enable Flex Storage, while Samsung and LG have to date removed it.

There are a few factors to consider before enabling this feature. You will want the fastest microSD card that you can find to ensure smooth performance, at least Class 10 or UHS-I and preferably UHS-3. Any data present on the microSD card will be erased when you format it as internal storage, and from that point, it will be unusable in other devices (unless you reformat it again). Finally, remember that if you remove this microSD card from your phone, you will break functionality to any apps or content you’ve moved to it.

*IMPORTANT*

READ THE ABOVE BEFORE DOING THE NEXT SET OF STEPS. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE OR ISSUES THAT ARE DONE TO YOUR DEVICE. DO THE NEXT SET OF STEPS AT YOUR OWN RISK.

1. Navigate to settings on your phone. You can find the settings menu in the app drawer.

2. Tap Storage.

3. Select your SD card.

4. Tap the overflow menu button in the upper-right corner.

5. Select Storage Settings.

6. Tap Format as Internal.

7. Tap Erase & Format. If the system determines that your microSD card is too slow it will prompt you with a warning here that it will degrade performance.

8. Tap Move now. After making the selection you will tap next and initiate the transfer to your microSD card. The system will indicate roughly how long the transfer will take and how much data will be moved to your SD card.

9. Tap Done. Your SD card will now be listed immediately below the internal shared storage and the system will use it as additional internal storage in the future.

Hopefully, you would have the feature at the start. So that you don't have to go through all of these steps. Please let me know if the solution worked. Waiting to hear from you

Waiting to hear from you
8 REPLIES 8
Explorer

Have you tried Clearing Data? I mean Spotify's Data from the SD. This should solve the issue. Because it has worked for me before. 

Waiting to hear from you
First Poster

Thank you yes that did work but i want spotifys data on my sd card 

Explorer

Glad to hear that it worked!

These are the steps to move Spotify's data to SD Card. 

1. Navigate to Settings on your phone. You can find the settings menu in the app drawer.

2. Tap Apps.

3. Select Spotify.

4. Tap Storage.

5. Tap Change if it’s there. If you don’t see the Change option, the app cannot be moved. If you are unable to find any apps with this option, it is likely that your device does not support the feature.

6. Tap Move.

If your device does not support moving apps to a microSD card there’s another option, first introduced in Android Marshmallow, that may be the answer for you. This feature is called Adoptable or Flex Storage, and it allows you to format a microSD card to act like added internal storage. Again, not all devices with a microSD slot will support this feature: Motorola, HTC, Huawei and NVIDIA have all chosen to enable Flex Storage, while Samsung and LG have to date removed it.

There are a few factors to consider before enabling this feature. You will want the fastest microSD card that you can find to ensure smooth performance, at least Class 10 or UHS-I and preferably UHS-3. Any data present on the microSD card will be erased when you format it as internal storage, and from that point, it will be unusable in other devices (unless you reformat it again). Finally, remember that if you remove this microSD card from your phone, you will break functionality to any apps or content you’ve moved to it.

*IMPORTANT*

READ THE ABOVE BEFORE DOING THE NEXT SET OF STEPS. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE OR ISSUES THAT ARE DONE TO YOUR DEVICE. DO THE NEXT SET OF STEPS AT YOUR OWN RISK.

1. Navigate to settings on your phone. You can find the settings menu in the app drawer.

2. Tap Storage.

3. Select your SD card.

4. Tap the overflow menu button in the upper-right corner.

5. Select Storage Settings.

6. Tap Format as Internal.

7. Tap Erase & Format. If the system determines that your microSD card is too slow it will prompt you with a warning here that it will degrade performance.

8. Tap Move now. After making the selection you will tap next and initiate the transfer to your microSD card. The system will indicate roughly how long the transfer will take and how much data will be moved to your SD card.

9. Tap Done. Your SD card will now be listed immediately below the internal shared storage and the system will use it as additional internal storage in the future.

Hopefully, you would have the feature at the start. So that you don't have to go through all of these steps. Please let me know if the solution worked. Waiting to hear from you

Waiting to hear from you

It depends on whether you are Premium Membership. If you have already subscribed to Premium Membership, you can change the storage of your Spotify Music location on your Galaxy J5. If you are not, you need a tool to have all your music downloaded, like TuneFab Spotify Music Converter.

First Poster

If you are looking for a method to download Spotify to your Galaxy J5, here is the best Spotify music downloader for me. AudFree Spotify Music Converter, which can help you batch download Spotify playlist to MP3 so that you can transfer and playback them on your Galaxy freely.

Apprentice

I am a Spotify users, I used UkeySoft Spotify Muisc Converter to free download Spotify music as MP3, and then transfer the songs to Galaxy J5. With this tool, you can download Spotify music with free Spotify account or Premium account.

First Poster

Spotify uses Ogg Vorbis as their streaming format, Spotify Music songs is protected without DRM encryption, if your senior membership expired, you can't play them. Do you want to keep Spotify music on Galaxy J5 for free forever? You can use a Spotify Music Converter to convert Spotify music to MP3, after that you can easily remove DRM from Spotify premium music and playlist and enjoy Spotify on Samsung phone for free forever.
Read the guide about how to convert Spotify Music to MP3 for Free.

Highlighted
Apprentice

Either free or premium subscribers can download and convert Spotify songs, albums or playlists to MP3 with the help of UkeySoft Spotify Music Converter, after download Spotify music to MP3 files, you can enjoy Spotify music on Android phone offline with Free or Premium account, or transfer the downloaded Spotify music to Samsung Galaxy phone for playing offline. This is the free way to download Spotify music to Android Samsung phone, I hope this post can help you.

Top Liked Authors