Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A40 Regional Lock

(Topic created on: 02-06-2019 07:25 PM)
Suparat
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I am studying in Switzerland. My old phone was broken so I bought a new one which is Samsung Galaxy A40 from Manor shop, Geneva Switzerland. However, next month I am going back to Thailand and by the time I bought it, I did not know that it has regional lock. I have read that many people suggest to make a 5 mins phone call. However, my Swiss sim card is valid only for internet surfing so it will not be able to make an outgoing call. Here is my question, will it unlock if I just surfing (3G/4G) with my phone?, How could I know that the phone is unlocked to use Thai sim?. Thank you

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Solution
CarlH
Options

Hi @Suparat. If you have a SIM free card and wish to use SIM cards from other regions, you will have to make a 5 minute call from Switzerland, using a Swiss SIM card to another Swiss number. Once that is done, you should be able to use any other SIM card. Hope this helps!

0 Likes
Suparat
Apprentice
Options

Hi @CarlH. Thank you so much for your solution. I have done a one 5-minitue call. I am going back to Thailand end of this month. Is there any way I could know that my phone could be used with my Thai sim? or I will know when I use it in Thailand?

0 Likes
Solution
CarlH
Options

There's no way of checking this until you get to Thailand as far as I know unfortunately, @Suparat 

0 Likes
Suparat
Apprentice
Options

Okay, I think it works now cus I use my Thai sim now and there is roaming signal now. Thank you so much for your help.

CarlH
Options
0 Likes