Support

Open search

Galaxy A3

SOLVED
First Poster

I have a A3, its ok but would not recommend one to my friends,  I keep getting app downloads abvetesments,  quite a few playing music , which is embarrassing when you are out and about.  Unable to find a way to block them,  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi @Frank1918

As the stock Samsung Apps that are on the phone out of the box do not have advertisements embedded in them I'm thinking these are embedded within one or more apps you have download from the Play Store. 

To test my theory all you need to do is put your phone in Safe Mode < Link explaining how <  which turns off all your downloaded apps and leaves the stock ones alone which can help to determine if an app is causing this situation. 

If the ad's stop when in Safe Mode then you need to come out of Safe Mode and start to remove your apps one at a time with the most recent one's first. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

1 REPLY 1
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi @Frank1918

As the stock Samsung Apps that are on the phone out of the box do not have advertisements embedded in them I'm thinking these are embedded within one or more apps you have download from the Play Store. 

To test my theory all you need to do is put your phone in Safe Mode < Link explaining how <  which turns off all your downloaded apps and leaves the stock ones alone which can help to determine if an app is causing this situation. 

If the ad's stop when in Safe Mode then you need to come out of Safe Mode and start to remove your apps one at a time with the most recent one's first. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Top Liked Authors