Support

Open search

Galaxy 6 edge flashing lights

First Poster

Hi

My s edge plus has just started having the back and recent apps lights flashing very quickly and i am unable to swip e the screen. Have tried clearing cache and soft reset but no difference. Any suggestions how to solve this problem

John

6 REPLIES 6
ChrisM Moderator

Hi @JohnBanks68.

Are you still having this issue or did you manage to find a fix?

Highlighted
First Poster

Hi Chris

Yes i am still having the flasing buttons. have tried factory reset but no difference. It does not happen all the time and the phone works perfect when not flashing. mobile phone repairers close to me say they can investigate but the cost could be £200, phone is not worth that much.

John

AntS Moderator

Hi @JohnBanks68. Everything up to date on your phone as regards firmware and apps?

And were those mobile phone repairers one of the official Samsung Support Centres?

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

First Poster

Hi Ant S

Yes everything is up to date, i have done a factory rest but the problem is still there. The repairers i tried were not official samsung but all local to wolverhampton so i could drop the phone off. Couple of them said its probably the screen which i dont think it is but they have not seen the phone yet

AntS Moderator

@JohnBanks68: Apologies for the delay in getting back to you on this one. 

Factory reset is the final option we'd suggest before advising a repair (presuming that data from a restored back-up isn't just loading the same error back on to the device).

Might be worth getting in touch with one of our Support teams directly (if you've not done so already) to explore the official repair service options available to you in this instance.

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

First Poster

AntS

Thanks for your reply, looks like the only option is repair. In that case i will have to scrap the phone as the repair will cost more than the value of the phone. I bought it off ebay just over 2 months ago for £95 and it was working fine. the perils of buying second hand i guess.

John

Top Liked Authors