Support

Open search

GALAXY S5 ...IS THERE AN AUTO POWER ON / POWER OFF FUNCTION?

First Poster

Hi...i have had an S5 in the box for a long time and decided to set it up. I cannot believe there is not an auto start/ auto off setting feature!!!....this means that if i want to set the alarm set for work in the morning i will have to leave the phone on all night as the alarm will not sound if the phone is switched off.. With my old blackberry curve 8520 i was able to program the phone to power off and on at a preset time. Therefore i would set it to power on 5 minutes before the alarm was due to go off. PLEASE tell  me i am mistaken and that there is a setting on the S5 for auto power on/ power of???

4 REPLIES 4
ChrisM Moderator

Hate to disappoint, @dimmy, but the S5 doesn't have a feature to automatically turn on and off we're afraid.

First Poster

thanks for the reply.. .I assumed the S5 would have this function being that my 7 year old blackberry did!...however I think this is the case with all Galaxy and android phones...but it means I have to leave the S5 on all night in order for the alarm to go off!!. With my old blackberry I programmed it to power on at 6.55am for the alarm to sound at 7am. Also with the blackberry with an incoming call I could set the alert to vibrate several times before the ringing sounces. I canot find this function on the S5.. as it seems like the vibrate and ringing happen at the same time precisely...am I correct in this?...thanks

TomF Moderator
Hey @dimmy

You can customise Sounds and Vibrations in Settings; however steps and features may differ depending on the software version your S5 is running on. Check your version from Settings > About Device.
Highlighted
First Poster

Hi..can i ask your advice about something else with the Gaaxy S5 phone please. When i select SETTINGS ...then SOUNDS AND NOTIFICATIONS....just below ringtone it says MEDIA.....how do i change the sound for MEDIA notifications/ alerts please ?....at present when i adjust the volume on the MEDIA sliding bar it sounds the same as the incoming call ringtone!!!!!..what is classed as MEDIA..is it incoming picture messages etc? ALSO many thanks.

Top Liked Authors