Support

Open search

GALAXY J6 Region Lock

Highlighted
SOLVED
Apprentice

Hi Community, 

I bought a GALAXY J6 in Europe (Brussels) from the Proximus Telephone Company and then shipped it to Venezuela.

The phone was never activated in Brussels. 

Once I got to Venezuela and inserted a local SIMCARD, here is the message I got: 

GALAXY J6 REGION LOCK Request.jpg  

Can someone please help me with the process I need to follow in order to get the REGION LOCK Code needed to use this smartphone outside of Europe and in my case, to use it in Venezuela? 

Thanks in advance;

Daniel

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Superuser I
Superuser I

To remove a Region lock a person must use a local sim card in the country try of purchase in the phone to make 10 minutes of culmative calls to a local phone number @Daniel_Gittens 

Samsung cannot remove the region lock manually for you.

A Puk code is if a person has activated their sim pin security feature that stops the sim card being used in another phone.

This is usually initially set at 0000 and then changed by the user.

If a person then enters the sim pin in wrongly too many times then the sum card is blocked until they obtain a Puk Code from their Network. 

If a Samsung phone is supplied by a Network then it maybe locked to that network. Only the network its locked on can unlock it.

Samsung phones supplied directly by Samsung are already unlocked to all networks but are region locked.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Apprentice

Hello Community,

Today I received by eMail the REGIONAL LOCK CODE from SAMSUNG for my phone and everything is working okay now.

No more issues to report with this matter.

Thanks everyone for your support.

Regards,

Daniel

14 REPLIES 14
Superuser I
Superuser I

To remove a Region lock a person must use a local sim card in the country try of purchase in the phone to make 10 minutes of culmative calls to a local phone number @Daniel_Gittens 

Samsung cannot remove the region lock manually for you.

A Puk code is if a person has activated their sim pin security feature that stops the sim card being used in another phone.

This is usually initially set at 0000 and then changed by the user.

If a person then enters the sim pin in wrongly too many times then the sum card is blocked until they obtain a Puk Code from their Network. 

If a Samsung phone is supplied by a Network then it maybe locked to that network. Only the network its locked on can unlock it.

Samsung phones supplied directly by Samsung are already unlocked to all networks but are region locked.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Apprentice
Hi,

Thank you very much.

Regards,
Daniel
Apprentice

Hello Community,

I'd like to share with you the following that I got from SAMSUNG Belgium:

Chat with SAMSUNG.JPG

Best Regards and I hope this helps!

Daniel

Apprentice

Hello Community,

Today I received by eMail the REGIONAL LOCK CODE from SAMSUNG for my phone and everything is working okay now.

No more issues to report with this matter.

Thanks everyone for your support.

Regards,

Daniel

Observer

Hi Daniel,

I am having the same problem with my phone with the same error message and have requested the regional unlock code too.

How long did it take for the code to be sent to you after you had made the request?

Also did they give you just one code to enter? Or was it two separate codes to be entered?

Thanks!

Apprentice

@KimberlyC wrote:

Hi Daniel,

I am having the same problem with my phone with the same error message and have requested the regional unlock code too.

How long did it take for the code to be sent to you after you had made the request?

Also did they give you just one code to enter? Or was it two separate codes to be entered?

Thanks!

KymberlyC,

It took around 10 days to receive the TWO CODES I had to enter.

Good luck and best regards.

Daniel 

First Poster

Hi, I am using Galaxy A40 in Switzerland and plan to use it in Thailand too. I have read many solution and they said the same in making a local phonecall. However, the Swiss sim card service I am using in Switzerland is valid only for surfing internet. It is unable to make a phone call. I alway turn on 4G and use the internet. Will it work as phonecalling?

Thank you

Who do you request a regional pin code from?

Hi Daniel
Who did you contact to receive your pin code to unlock the region. I am unable to make a local call from where I bought the phone as I am now abroad and I cannot use my new sim card in Egypt. If you could help that would be great.
Top Liked Authors