Support

Open search

First smart phone Samsung J1

Apprentice
G'day all well I just pick my very first smart phone a Samsung J1 after having a flip phone for the last 28 years....to say I need a bit of help, with it first I would like to add my own alarm notifications sound what I have had over the last 20 years on my old phone, and the text notifications sound again the same as my old phone, I have them both on the SD card in the new phone but how do I add them to were I want them used, any help please.
 P
4 REPLIES 4
Superuser I
Superuser I

If for some reason the sounds wont export from the Sd Card and import onto the phone then my preference is to use the Zedge site. 

Its free with no subscriptions. 

When you search and find your preferred tone it'll drop directly into your tones menu settings. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Apprentice

Thanks for that, I have now download the sound just to my phone but still cant get it to my text notifications

Superuser I
Superuser I

Then it could be a feature determined by the phone. 

As you can see from my signature I use the s8 and I can most certainly use my tone for incoming texts. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Highlighted
Apprentice

I hope not an it will be the first phone that would have this (  determined by the phone ) but I will keep trying. All of my other phones I can change any time I like lol

Regards

Pete58

Thanks for your help

Top Liked Authors