Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerprint diagnostic test fail Galaxy S8 "MFG cal Test"

(Topic created on: 30-06-2020 05:54 PM)
ScotsDon
Student
Options

I bought a new Galaxy S8 in April this year, and am having problems with the fingerprint sensor.  From the on-board diagnostic tests (by dialing *#0*#), there is a "MFG cal Test" fail.  All other tests pass.  Has anyone encountered this, and if so, what did you do about it?

The  test says:   "MFG cal Test:   Overall:  Spec = 1840~130000:   Result = 530211:   FAIL"

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I've not personally encountered that error but if I did I'd look at first clearingbthe system cache files via turning the phone Off and then from a set series of button presses go into the phones system files and clear the cache.

As a last resort back up and remove any relevant Sd card and factory reset.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

A Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can help too.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
ScotsDon
Student
Options

Thanks for reply.  I've not done what you say yet but I will quite soon.  In the meantime, and for the record, I contacted Samsung Support and tried to get them to answer what the fix was for this error and what the error meant, but all they would do is suggest I take it or send it to a service centre (60 miles away).  The sensor is highly erratic and works for  a couple of days and then won't work.  I'll post here any success with clearing the cache and a full reset.

0 Likes