Support

Open search

Error message

First Poster

Hi when accessing any images via my gallery or social media, i keep getting the following error message and my gallery photos have disappeared! "Unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped.

Please advise on how tonremove this message and restore my images?

Edwina

5 REPLIES 5
ChrisM Moderator

Hi @Edwina.

Which phone do you have? Is the software on your phone up to date? Let's try a soft reset. 

This will end all processes and give the phone a fresh start. To do this, press and hold the 'Power' and 'Volume Down' buttons until the phone restarts.

First Poster

Hi i have a Samsung galaxy note 3. The software is up to date, i tried the soft reset but it hasn't worked? What else can I try?

Edwina 

AntS Moderator

@Edwina: Are you able to back your data up (using Smart Switch) and carry out a factory reset?

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

First Poster

Hi, I am reluctant to do that at the moment as the images in my galle have disapperead, except ones I had downloaded. I would prefer to look at other options first. Are there other options, what might be causing this message to come up and is there any way to restore lost images?

Edwina

AntS Moderator

Happens most frequently just after a software update, and as a result of an issue with the syncing of Google servers with a selection of apps that access media files (like photos for example).

Other than a data backup/factory reset the best ways to address that is to clear the cache and data from the impacted apps and/or resetting the app preferences (on your Note III both of these can be done via Settings > General > Application Manager > All, scrolling through for the relevant apps and clicking into them). Identifying the necessary apps in a specific case can be a bit tricky - although there appear to be a a few usual suspects to try.

There's a pretty good general third-party guide on resolving that specific error message here. There's no feedback on that page, but reading around elsewhere others have reported success with the things suggested there. I'd definitely advise backing your phone up before if you're able though.

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Top Liked Authors