Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloads album is not showing up in Gallery app

(Topic created on: 04-11-2019 10:11 AM)
thuviel
Student
Options

Several months ago my Downloads album disappeared from the Gallery app, without me ever deleting it or changing any settings. When I download new photos they don't show up in the Gallery, neither do past ones because the album is simply gone. However, if I download a new video, the album will show up again, with both past and present files. If I delete the new video the album disappears again, despite still being full of other photos. 

Newly donwloaded photos still show up in the Pictures view, and the Downloads folder is listed when I go to Hide or unhide albums in the Gallery settings. But I can't click on the Downloads album in this list, and it's still gone in the Albums view. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Phone: Galaxy S6 Edge

Android version: 7.0

Screenshots below:

1. Succulents are newly downloaded photos that show up in the Pictures view

2. Downloads album is listed in the Hide albums setting, but greyed out and unclickable

20191104_105634.png

20191104_105700.png

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @thuviel! Try doing a Soft Reset of your phone by holding the Volume down as well as the Power buttons for 10 seconds. Also, make sure that your S6 edge is running on the latest software version. You can check this on: Settings > Software update > Download updates manually. Finally, head to: Settings > Apps > Gallery app > Storage > Clear cache. Did it help? :thinking-face:

0 Likes
thuviel
Student
Options

Hi! It didn't work unfortunately, but thanks for the help!

0 Likes
carydavidhoffsn
First Poster
Options

Q

Samsung  smart tv  store   hub  dowload  

0 Likes
AusM
First Poster
Options

Do you how cloud sync on? I was having the same problem when an image file corrupted. I just turned of my Cloud Sync and emptied my Cloud. That fixed the folder and I just resynced everything.

0 Likes
NoteUltraFan
Pathfinder
Options

If there's an icon with 3 dots in the upper right corner,  see if there's an option to show hidden files.  Sometimes in galleries and file browsers depending what your use hide  stuff until you tell it to show the hidden files

0 Likes
NoteUltraFan
Pathfinder
Options

Also, does your Galaxy have an SD card in it and if so are files being written to it, including photo albums? If you're using an SD card,  there might be an issue with it and it may need to be transferred to your computer or internal storage, replace SD card and transfer files to new card

Also, check that your hidden files are visible by tapping 3 dots in the upper right corner and telling it to show hidden files.  That might help.  

0 Likes