Support

Open search

Degree symbol

SOLVED
Apprentice

Stupid question I've a galaxy j3 using default Samsung keyboard is there any way to display the degree of temperature /degree of a circle without having to type the word DEGREES? ! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Superuser I
Superuser I

What about the option of a 3rd party keyboard which may offer more customisation. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

7 REPLIES 7
Superuser I
Superuser I

My s8 allows me to put shortcuts into my keyboard so when I start typing something that word etc will auto show. 

Is that what your after. 

In my phone it's in the settings of the keyboard by pressing the cog icon and then choose Smart Typing and then Text Shortcuts. 

Current Phone ~

Apprentice

Haven't got that option on my phone 

AntS Moderator

Cheers BandOfBrothers! :robothappy:

@PAUL67: Which version of the J3 do you have? (If you're unsure, you can check by the model code on the back or in Settings > About Phone, or About Device.)

If it's a J3 2017, then for what BandOfBrothers described it'd be the keyboard cog > Predictive Text > Text Shortcuts.

That option isn't on earlier J3's though.

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Apprentice

@AntS wrote:

Cheers BandOfBrothers! :robothappy:

@PAUL67: Which version of the J3 do you have? (If you're unsure, you can check by the model code on the back or in Settings > About Phone, or About Device.)

If it's a J3 2017, then for what BandOfBrothers described it'd be the keyboard cog > Predictive Text > Text Shortcuts.

That option isn't on earlier J3's though.

Seems like it's a2016 model 

Superuser I
Superuser I

What about the option of a 3rd party keyboard which may offer more customisation. 

Current Phone ~

Apprentice
Hmm maybe a option if I come across any other shortcuts I'd like

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

A third party keyboard is an extremely risky thing to install, because it could be used to capture any and all information that you enter into your phone - passwords, bank card details, the lot. The maker of the keyboard could harvest your data. I emphatically do not recommend anything other than the keyboard that is built into your phone OS, no matter how difficult or annoying it is.

Top Liked Authors