Support

Open search

Definition of ip68 for a3 2017

First Poster

My husband's a3 2017 was submerged in 2 foot of water in a paddling pool yesterday. The Samsung website states that the phone has a certification of ip68 yet Vodafone have told him he will have to pay for the phone repair. If it's achieved a certification level would this be a Samsung issue?

4 REPLIES 4
Voyager

Hi there @Laurarobbo

We're sad to hear this, the Samsung A3 (2017) features an IP rating of 68, which means it can be immersed in 1.5 metres of water for up to 30mins. Check out this link here for more information. 

Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with. 

:womanhappy:

samos.png

First Poster

Where do we stand though with Vodafone? If the phone should be able to withstand a dip in the pool why are Vodafone incistant on charging for the repair? 

CarlH Moderator

Did Vodafone inspect the phone, @Laurarobbo? I recommend taking a visit to a local Samsung Service Centre for an engineer to inspect. This link will direct you to the closest in your area.

Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi @Laurarobbo

Vodafone adhere to the 24 Month Samsung Manufacturing Warranty. 

The ip68 rating gives it a resistance to water and dust,  but not waterproof. 

Mobile-devices/water-and-dust-protection-ip68.

Hence if water gets past the seals and into the phone then the Manufacturing Warranty wouldn't cover the issue. 

I would suggest to Google Search your countries particular Samsung Warranty Terms and Conditions. 

Perhaps options could be > Do you have home contents insurance and in some cases a bank account offers mobike phone protection as a perk of the account. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Top Liked Authors