Support

Open search

Connecting tablets via HDMI

I have a need to connect a SM-T350 and SM-P580 via hardwired HDMI cable.  I understand about the wireless options like Chromecast (and have one that works fine!) but this particular application really needs to be hardwire connected.  Talked with tech support & found out my older MHL adapter is now useless, even though it continues to work fine with non-Samsung devices.

Can anyone advise another way this might be possible, or maybe provide a link to some random third party adapter?  Or did hardwired HDMI cable become purely an impossibility once MHL compatibility was removed from the newer device specifications?

Thanks in advance.

~Vol

1 REPLY 1
Apprentice

Did this Q ever get answered please (have searched forum, can't find anything) ?

I have the same problem, in my case I want to connect a Galaxy A3 (2017) (aka SM-A320FL) to a non-smart TV by cable in order to display pictures on the TV in a location that doesn't have wi-fi (so Chromecast/SmartView method won't work). There are plenty of cables available with USB Type C on one end and HDMI on the other, but I understand from other sources my device probably doesn't have MHL (although not sure how to check this ?) so I can't simply plug it in. Can anyone suggest how to do it ? Is it even possible ?

Thanks

Top Liked Authors