Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clean storage button

(Topic created on: 13-02-2020 12:38 PM)
Yxalag
Journeyman
Options

On my Galaxy S7 phone, under Settings - > Device maintenance -> Storgage

there used to be a 'clean now' button, but a few days ago it suddenly disappeared. The equivalent still exists under Settings -> Device maintenance -> Memory

but under storage it just disappeared. I didn't even do any software updates prior to this.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? And any advice on how to restore it? 

22 REPLIES 22
AndrewL
Options
@Yxalag: Hmm, that's a strange one. If you go to Settings > Device Maintenance > Storage > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Update, are you able to update the 360 Security Database? If so, does this resolve your issue? If not, go back to the Device Maintenance main screen, tap 'Optimise Now', and this will have the same effect, although it will also 'Clean' the other relevant categories. I hope this helps.
0 Likes
Yxalag
Journeyman
Options

When I go into Settings -> Device Maintenance -> Storage and tap the 3 dots in the top right, there is no 'Update' option.

I am able to tap the 'Optimise now' in the Device Maintenance main screen, however, it does not do quite the same as the 'Clean storage' button did (i.e. clean the storage). You are right that it will also 'clean' other relevant categories, at least that is what it used to do. Now it seems that it is close to doing nothing and rarely features being able to tap (most of the time it is a blurred blue un-tapable button).

It is very strange since I am still able to go into Settings -> Device Maintenance -> Memory -> Clean Now. The exact equivalent Clean Now button used to be under Settings -> Device Maintenance -> Storage.......

Yxalag
Journeyman
Options

@AndrewL

When I go into Settings -> Device Maintenance -> Storage and tap the 3 dots in the top right, there is no 'Update' option.

I am able to tap the 'Optimise now' in the Device Maintenance main screen, however, it does not do quite the same as the 'Clean storage' button did (i.e. clean the storage). You are right that it will also 'clean' other relevant categories, at least that is what it used to do. Now it seems that it is close to doing nothing and rarely features being able to tap (most of the time it is a blurred blue un-tapable button).

It is very strange since I am still able to go into Settings -> Device Maintenance -> Memory -> Clean Now. The exact equivalent Clean Now button used to be under Settings -> Device Maintenance -> Storage.......

Logbia7k
Apprentice
Options

Yes, I am having the same issue on my Galaxy A50. Yesterday my clean button was still there, but all of a sudden the blue button under Options - Device care -Storage is gone. The blue optimize button is still there on the device care homepage, but once you use it doesn't clean the storage anymore.

It looks like some kind of bug on Samsungs or 360's end... because I completely formatted my phone yesterday by a hard reset and my phone doesn't have anything else installed then all the standard apps.

Also for me: Under the 3 dots in the top there is no button to "update" the database.

Yxalag
Journeyman
Options

Relieved to read your reply as this is exactly the same issue - and I thought it was only me! You may be right that it's a bug or something, but I do find it highly strange.

Solution
Logbia7k
Apprentice
Options

If you google for the device care play, you see that many people complain about the same issue:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.samsung.android.lool&hl=en_US 

Seems they removed this option in the last update, but I just don't see it in the changelog.
Now you have to manually clean all app caches. I didn't knew either untill now 👍

Yxalag
Journeyman
Options

Ah I see, good to know. A bit of a hassle, but at least still possible to do. Thanks for the help :smiling-face:

Logbia7k
Apprentice
Options

It's still better to do it manually then to install "unofficial" cleaning tools not provided by the phone manufacturer.
These are quit risky and could potentially make your phone even slower or delete files that your phone actually needs.

V-
First Poster
Options

You can click on the uninstall button in the app information page or in the play store, which doesn't actually uninstall it, but resets it to its initial version.

Then you'll be able to clean your storage again.