Support

Open search

Charging sound S8+

Apprentice

Usually i get a sound and a slight vibration when connecting the charger. However recently there hasnt been anything.

I have checked the settings the charging sound switch is set to on and checked through all other settings to see if there is any issues and i cant seem to pin point it exactly. 

I have ran diagnostics and even restarted, amd force rebooted the device and nothing. Does anyone have any suggestions?

7 REPLIES 7
Superuser I
Superuser I

Funnily enough this very occasionally happens on my s8 when popping it onto an official samsung desktop wireless charger @T666jay

Usually it just sorts itself out which appears to be a bug where the phones audible part connected to it charging realising you've put it on charge slips. I assume it's charging fine ? 

What i asked myself is is this worth making a visit to a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Location and having it poked around with. For me - No. 

You could try backing it up and Factory Resetting as a last resort before you ask the same question to yourself I did. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Navigator
Have you restarted your phone at all before this problem started, I noticed that there is a software bug that they're trying to fix that turns on Do Not Disturb mode every time my phone is rebooted or turned off. it could be that which is causing it to not make sound
Apprentice

Yes sadly i have tried the back up and factory reset but nothing. Yes the phone is charging fine i have no issues with that.

Apprentice

I've not experienced the do not disturb issue as yet. 

I didnt do any soft or hard reseting before this issue

Superuser I
Superuser I

@T666jay wrote:

Yes sadly i have tried the back up and factory reset but nothing. Yes the phone is charging fine i have no issues with that.

Ok sorry that didn't help. 

If this hasn't cleared then you could go down the route of visiting a Samsung Service Location if it's bugging you. 

Hope all goes Ok. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

First Poster

For me just found out that my system sound was at 0 and turned it up. That fixed the sound and little vibration.

This worked for mine thank u

Top Liked Authors