Support

Open search

Cell Standby/Android System/Google Play Services battery drain for Oreo on S7

Navigator

I have  read some posts on redit that the last update with July Patch solved the drain issue for some people. May be that's why it is quiet here. 

regards

Oliver

Explorer

Screenshot_20180729-234343_Settings yes .jpg

Screenshot_20180724-171547_GSam Battery yes.jpg

For me it was fixed with the july update and disabling 4g calls: with my S7 flat, my phone can last around 3h SOT on 2 days (with 2*8hour on airplane mode) or 4h SOT on one day, only on 4g, never on wifi.

Not much if you ask me, but my phone never was great on this aspect.

Way better than the 1st Oreo update.

Explorer

Hi guys,

I've got an OTA update yesterday, not sure if that was meant for the Romanian market because I was in roaming, it's the G930FXXU2ERG2 for Samsung S7 Flat. 

I can't say anything yet but for the first day it looks like the Cell Standby dropped from an average 40% usage to a 6 % one. 

And yes, this one has July 1st security patch. 

Hope it will do the trick for me, I'll let you know in the upcoming days. 

First Poster

Dear Samsung,

please don't forget about XEO CSC

best regards

Tomek

Explorer

I'm on latest BTU (July patch) since yesterday and almost 24h at 4G all was fine but now I see drain again and switched back to 3G. This is the same behaviour as before in my case - after restart or update with restart drain stopped for some time (max was few days) and then starts again. Phone was just on the table at the moment with good signal level and without activity (screen off).

Update: after switching to wi-fi, then 3G, I go back to 4G, without restart, just for test - and for 2h I don't have drain. At least it's something new, if I can shut down bug just by change modes back and forth. I need more time for testing anyway.

Observer

Ill just leave it here

Screenshot_20180803-013642_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20180803-014254_Settings.jpg

Explorer

For me the latest update did not solve the problem, actually it only made it worse -  cell standby battery drain increased. Switichng to 3G, wipe cache partition and disabling VoLTE did not help. Any ideas?

Navigator

After some days of usage with july security patches i noticed that my phone still heats more if i do not activate offline mode even without using it. You could say "of course it heats more on mobile data" but it should be (kinda) normal only when actually using the phone, not while it's sitting there doing nothing, so there's a problem

Explorer

So there is still no reason for safe update to Oreo? Ok... I begin to don't care about it, Nougat works for me enough good, battery suffice my whole day, phone isn't heating.  

Do you know any way to get rid of update notifications without touching system (root, knox triggering stuff etc)? Clearing and stoping BadgeProvider stops it only for one, maybe two days. 

Navigator

@Mesho wrote:

So there is still no reason for safe update to Oreo? Ok... I begin to don't care about it, Nougat works for me enough good, battery suffice my whole day, phone isn't heating.  

Do you know any way to get rid of update notifications without touching system (root, knox triggering stuff etc)? Clearing and stoping BadgeProvider stops it only for one, maybe two days. 

Flash the CSC from another firmware stops it.

One thing I noticed is this thead used to be far more active up until the July update, its then all gone quiet, I can only assume most aren't having issues now.  I'm still not impressed with the update, been running it a couple of weeks now, battery life still *****.

Top Liked Authors