Support

Open search

Cell Standby/Android System/Google Play Services battery drain for Oreo on S7

Explorer

Over my dead body Samsung is going down.

Navigator

Screenshot_20180728-201300_Settings.jpg

This is what i got at 30% after full charge. Running on the latest ota, cell standby is there but at only 3%, on the first oreo firmware i had to keep airplane mode on to avoid overheating and battery drain but this time i kept online and i got no issues. I'm quite often on WiFi and deactivated 4g (using 3g) though

Navigator
Hey. This does not look to bad. At the End more than 6 hours screen on .
1. How old is your phone ?
2. Do you use battery saver mode or something like black theme or any tweak to rech this ?

Oliver
Explorer

It is normal to get on wifi that screen time , now try data only you wont be able to reach 5h

First Poster
Hi nice result.
What csc do you have and how long do you have Oreo?
Navigator

Hi all, so i know that if i didn't stay on wifi it would have been worse, that's a fair point and probably it's related to the fact that standby cell is still there, just not as terrible as before. My S7 flat is one year old, XEU csc, got this update a few days ago (i don't remember when i got the first oreo release but you can find the date on sammobile).

I've always used power saving at QHD, cpu speed limiter on, no background data etc but this time i didn't have cpu speed limiter on because it does not do anything, my phone gets too hot even if cpu speed is "limited at 70%" and this shows how bad samsung optimization is. I have the "oreo dark" black theme but it does not interfere noticeably with battery life. I'm also running force doze and disabled several apps with sabs, I'm unrooted (at the moment). I think battery life should be decent on this phone independently from our settings so samsung still has to do some work here

First Poster

Hope they read this and do sth

Ps who can tell me how delete notification with information about Oreo? I am on marshmallow version and for now I'd like stay on it but this notification disturb me

Navigator

Hi Carolll

thanks for this extensive explanation. I am still on nougat and struggling wether I should update or not. Therefore you post was helpful for me.

My phone is about 8 months now and the battery life is really great like 7 hours with dark theme, many Samsung and Google apps disables and cpu limiter at medium. 

hmmm. Still thinking. 

One more question - can you compare your battery life with that from nougat ? Did it reduce fir you with oreo ?

Any other issues like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS..?

thanks again

Oliver

Navigator

@Olli0371 wrote:

Hi Carolll

thanks for this extensive explanation. I am still on nougat and struggling wether I should update or not. Therefore you post was helpful for me.

My phone is about 8 months now and the battery life is really great like 7 hours with dark theme, many Samsung and Google apps disables and cpu limiter at medium. 

hmmm. Still thinking. 

One more question - can you compare your battery life with that from nougat ? Did it reduce fir you with oreo ?

Any other issues like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS..?

thanks again

Oliver

With oreo i found these improvements: better wifi, better performance/smoothness of the phone, general improvements in functioning of the phone. If it was for battery life it wouldn't be such a big gain to upgrade to oreo, i believe it will be maybe with some future firmware version, now it's pretty similar to nougat. Unfortunately battery life and heating have not improved that much (and they're strictly related). For performance gain it's definitely worth upgrading though. 

First Poster

Hello,

any update?

Topic dead?

Top Liked Authors