Support

Open search

Cell Standby/Android System/Google Play Services battery drain for Oreo on S7

Explorer

@Tecnico wrote:
Guys, can anyone kindly provide a link to ERG2 CP file (modem) download only. It's just over 43 MB. No need to download/use the other parts of the Oreo update, right?
Thanks in advance!

Flat or Edge? I advise you install telegram, join a channel called "Sac23 chat group" and search there for all the latest bl and cp files. 

Explorer
S7 Flat
Explorer

TWRP Flashable Bootloader + Modem

-Latest ERG4+ERG2 (20July2018)
-Galaxy S7 Flat (ONLY)

In Telegram SAC23 CHAT GROUP you find it July 20 at 16:29

Explorer

Nothing for Edge though

Explorer

@Tecnico wrote:

Nothing for Edge though

I got it from 4pda russian forum for registered users only for the edge

Explorer

Right folks for me anyway I can confirm this new update fixes my issues.  Cell standby is only 2%.  I've hammer my phone today and its at 60%, Previously with same usage I could be at 40% by now.

Explorer

Screenshot_20180721-220338_Settings.jpgToday's usage on latest firmware. I'm usually dead by now.

Navigator
It seems like you are on Wi-Fi, no 4G?
Explorer

I got an OTA update yesterday (340mb- erg2) on my S7 flat, and although it's too early to tell, the battery drain looks better on 4G.

I've noticed using gsam that before this OTA update, under the application details, kernel (android OS) and android system were consuming around 35% of the battery used by apps. Now it's down to 13%.

The global battery consumption looks more balanced between the screen and the app usage. I'll keep you updated.

Explorer
With ERG2 modem and LTE:
first night (8h) - 2% discharge (as it should be)
second night - 18%
So, no magic bullet for me yet. (
Top Liked Authors